+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre season friendlies.

Pre season friendlies.

Managed to get 2 tickets for each of the two pre-season friendlies. For me and the oldest laddie (bloody 20 now). 1st time back there for 4 yrs for.me.
    Mad crazy this morning.
    I logged onto the ticket office at 9.59am not open yet. Logged on again at 10.02am and I was 8251st in the queue. Ended up waiting around 90 mins or so.

Just looked back in. Still queues. Only around 4k tickets left for the Bilbao game on the Saturday and around 8k left for the Atalanta game on the Friday night...

So we have sold around 90k tickets for PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES in LESS than a day!!!!

If anybody needed proof that Ashley mis managed this place and mis-judged the fans.......

I wonder how long it will be until we start expanding St.James'....

It was at 127k waiting list for tickets apprently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It was at 127k waiting list for tickets apprently.
    That is how many hits the ticket office had. I believe 20k - 30k was the largest actual waiting list at any one time

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    That is how many hits the ticket office had. I believe 20k - 30k was the largest actual waiting list at any one time
    Arh fair, I just saw the bigger number and assumed.

I am coming up on the 25th for a couple of weeks and thought getting a single seat for both games would be a doddle,now I'm not so sure.

I'm surprised the tickets were released so early for friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I am coming up on the 25th for a couple of weeks and thought getting a single seat for both games would be a doddle,now I'm not so sure.

I'm surprised the tickets were released so early for friendlies.
    There are still tickets available.

It looks like they haven't made level 7 available yet. So assuming that makes the available tickets for each game 36500 they have sold over 35000 for one game and 32000 for the other

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)