+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Wimbledon

O/T Wimbledon

Will any of you be following it? Andy Murray and Emma Raducanu are on centre court tomorrow. I think out of all the Brits Raducanu has the best chance of going far in the tournament, if she can stay injury free of course

Norrie has had a good year so he might do well. Same with Katie Boulter having a strong grass court season so far

I'd like to see Rafa win the mens so he's in with a chance of winning the Grand Slam when the US Open comes around

Used to like watching as a kid but not fussed any more. The men's games are generally boring as they're often just about power.

Hope I’m wrong but Raducanu looks more and more like a flash in the pan. She needs to get a top coach to see if she can find that form again.
    Murray’s just a miserable Scottish tw*t (and I’m a Jock too.).

i used to love watching the tennis back in the day. Pete Samprass and Andre Agassi, Steffi Graff, Boris, Martina and the lot, they were good days.

Im not fussed anymore, you dont get good rallies anymore and its almost a forgone conclusion for who will be the winner.

Although id rather watch the tennis than the Engerland football minges

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i used to love watching the tennis back in the day. Pete Samprass and Andre Agassi, Steffi Graff, Boris, Martina and the lot, they were good days.

Im not fussed anymore, you dont get good rallies anymore and its almost a forgone conclusion for who will be the winner.

Although id rather watch the tennis than the Engerland football minges
    Maybe I’m s bit older but Bjorn Borg was THE man. Never questioned a bad call because:
    1 he was/is a great sport
    2 because he was so good he won anyway, even with a couple of dodgy calls.

No interest mainly due to the BBC thinking everyone wants it on all day long on both channels and red button, they have always been the same i remember the 1982 world cup BBC only showed 1 live afternoon first round match England v France and ignored all the other games in favour of wimbledon, typical BBC really

I do miss watching Roger Federer, especially at Wimbledon. He was phenomenal at his peak

I'll never watch Wimbledon again. Banning players based on nationality is gross to me. Even the American Open isn't banning players based on nationality!

If the premier league do it l, i'll be done with football too.

Also, you want the best players in a tournament, otherwise whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post

Also, you want the best players in a tournament, otherwise whats the point?
    The point is that some things are more important than sport.
    If you had relatives in Ukraine at the moment your sporting principles might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    The point is that some things are more important than sport.
    If you had relatives in Ukraine at the moment your sporting principles might be different.
    This exactly. I agree with Wimbledon for banning Russian and Belarusian players. They shouldn't be able to fly the Russian flag whilst their country is committing genocide

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)