+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bought a retro shirt

Bought a retro shirt

First retro shirt i've bought. I was 3 years old when we played in this, the first shirt i owned was the green McEwan's lager one but i like the Greenalls design

Name:  toon toon.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  66.8 KB

Anyone else bought a new shirt recently or planning to?

it's funny-I remember seeing Roy Aitken and Mick Quinn modelling that shirt and I hated it...and was disgusted that they hadn't refused to wear it.

Naturally, I bought it regardless because everyone else was and ended up loving it. Still have it. Last one I bought was a '75 retro for me mate's birthday present about 5 years ago.

I think i'll be getting this seasons shirt.....i have a feeling it will be a good one!

I always wear a blue star one,much less like an advert than written ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I always wear a blue star one,much less like an advert than written ones.
    Aye, that's a good design, i like that one

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    First retro shirt i've bought. I was 3 years old when we played in this, the first shirt i owned was the green McEwan's lager one but i like the Greenalls design

Name:  toon toon.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  66.8 KB

Anyone else bought a new shirt recently or planning to?

I bought the brown ale one recently
    I don't normally wear the shists but needed one for some do I was going to
    was a toss up between blue star & brown ale - but went for brown ale

brought that 90-91 shirt recently always liked the design shame the football that season wasnt as good.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)