+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour! Whose leaving this week?

FAO moderators. This heading should read,"Rumour! Who's leaving this week?" Serious grammatical error. And no, I don't think we should sell Wiles for less than £4m. Why would we?

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    FAO moderators. This heading should read,"Rumour! Who's leaving this week?" Serious grammatical error. And no, I don't think we should sell Wiles for less than £4m. Why would we?
    Picky you Southerners ?

Yes, title should have been “ whose leaving do is it this week?”

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    It's what I've said but I get called for it. Think with Burnley on parachute payments we could squeeze out our record fee received. On the subject of contracts get Vickers on a longer contract he's a class keeper.
    Lots of your football posts make sense m8. Problem is they are lost in the repetitive bull shine.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I was just thinking why the hell haven’t we already gave him a better/ longer contract
    Topsy if you were running the purse strings, Would you offer him a 4 year contract with a buy out clause? What would you be willing to pay him.

The problem with offering him a great deal over 2/3 yrs with a buy out clause is he might flop in the Championship this season and all the interest drops. I don't think he would sign it anyway, and i don't thing he'll flop either. If he plays well this season he could be worth quite a lot of £££££ in Jan. Will TS gamble.....?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    The problem with offering him a great deal over 2/3 yrs with a buy out clause is he might flop in the Championship this season and all the interest drops. I don't think he would sign it anyway, and i don't thing he'll flop either. If he plays well this season he could be worth quite a lot of £££££ in Jan. Will TS gamble.....?
    Clubs very rarely pay a lot of £££££ in January.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Topsy if you were running the purse strings, Would you offer him a 4 year contract with a buy out clause? What would you be willing to pay him.
    If the very top teams who know they'll be in the Premiership, know they'll likely be in the Champions League, know they'll have 60,000 at every home game, know they have huge income through sponsorships and merchandise and know they have extremely rich owners can't always persuade their 'star' players to sign on the dotted line a year before their contract expires why do people think we have a chance getting our 'star' players to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If the very top teams who know they'll be in the Premiership, know they'll likely be in the Champions League, know they'll have 60,000 at every home game, know they have huge income through sponsorships and merchandise and know they have extremely rich owners can't always persuade their 'star' players to sign on the dotted line a year before their contract expires why do people think we have a chance getting our 'star' players to do it?
    Ah but in our case it would mean giving up the delights of Rotherham town centre

The last time we played in the championship he filled in at left back for most of the season.
    I honestly think he has the potential to shine in our midfield this season.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast