+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Rumour! Whose leaving this week?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    More recently- Tavernier & Grabban
    Could argue Tavernier with it being Scottish club but yes he’s done well for himself

Could argue he was only a loan player!

Paul Stancliffe did very well at Sheffield Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Totally disagree with you about what Ben Wiles is worth Topsy, this lad, for me anyway, is one of the best players to come through our ranks, and he's still improving.
    When bigger teams look at up and coming players he has already proved he is championship level and as I said he will only get better.
    For him to maximize his potential he needs now to go to a team with positive ambition, and I dont mean that to sound like a slight to our own team, but whilst our ambition this season is survival, he needs to go and prove he can cope with pressure at the top end of the table and make us a lot of money in the process.
    I would love this lad to stay with us but in my opinion it would hinder his progress UTM
    Back in his true position in an attacking central midfield,he finished last season as good as anybody.There is no doubt this lad gas a very good future.Personally,I would keep him because with him, we will definitely stay up quite comfortably.

I agree we should try to keep him with an extended contract. We've just lost Smith, Icky, with Wiles, Chieo in their last year. These 2 alone could be worth quite alot of money. This wage cap is ok but, pay them what they're worth. If it upsets any other players so be it. Other teams seem to manage...............UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Back in his true position in an attacking central midfield,he finished last season as good as anybody.There is no doubt this lad gas a very good future.Personally,I would keep him because with him, we will definitely stay up quite comfortably.
    Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I agree we should try to keep him with an extended contract. We've just lost Smith, Icky, with Wiles, Chieo in their last year. These 2 alone could be worth quite alot of money. This wage cap is ok but, pay them what they're worth. If it upsets any other players so be it. Other teams seem to manage...............UTM.
    I'm not disagreeing with either of you that I would love to keep Wiles, but if I was his agent then I'd advise him to wait and see what happens before penning another contract, just like smudger and icky did.
    He's younger than both of them, proven at championship level and still improving and could potentially get 2 or 3 really good contracts with bigger championship clubs with ambition.
    Of course we'd have a much better chance of staying in the championship with him, but if the right bid is made then we would have to sell the lad. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    This is ok but then next season you have barlazer, rathbone, Victor, Vickers, Harding ect all looking for contract extension. Do you pay them over the wage structure? It doesn't take long for finances to spiral.

Forget about who is leaving for a minute ! but who is arriving ? it’s all gone very quiet with no rumours circulating apart from Lucan like Bramall who was arriving last week !

Usually there is some leaks ! but it’s all quiet, we need another striker, two more centre backs, a midfielder, a left back/ wing back and preferably a winger before we fly out on Saturday ??

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Forget about who is leaving for a minute ! but who is arriving ? it’s all gone very quiet with no rumours circulating apart from Lucan like Bramall who was arriving last week !

Usually there is some leaks ! but it’s all quiet, we need another striker, two more centre backs, a midfielder, a left back/ wing back and preferably a winger before we fly out on Saturday ??
    You're right there's still a lot of incomings we need to focus on, as you've identified.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post

PW said last week he expected 6 arrivals last week and for one of the back stabbers to stay, that means the squad is at least 4 players light

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast