+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour! Whose leaving this week?

£3.5m is nothing for Wiles, if there is a demand then set the fee at £6m and accept £5m with large sell on %'s
    . The lad can play with both feet and can play in most positions, we will need two players to replace him. Also if he goes we need the club to be clear the money will be reinvested into the 1st team squad during this season

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    On the contrary, are you sure Peterborough are financially any better off than us ? Still that’s irrelevant anyway ! the point I was making is that TS has done ok without any help from outside, so has a good idea how to make money (his way ) it’s the safe, steady way with little or no risks attached. Others like Anton Johnson have chosen more riskier paths and ended up with Nothing.
    MT, your side stepping my question. I'm not stating posh are financially better than us I was asking why are they so good at getting 'amazing' prices for their players and we can't? If Wiles were at Posh they'd be asking 5 million for him and getting it, that's the difference I am pointing out as to why our best assets go for relatively cheap prices. Over to you pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    £3.5m is nothing for Wiles, if there is a demand then set the fee at £6m and accept £5m with large sell on %'s
    . The lad can play with both feet and can play in most positions, we will need two players to replace him. Also if he goes we need the club to be clear the money will be reinvested into the 1st team squad during this season
    Now that's more like it! Someone thinking like other clubs think and achieve when selling their players.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    agree. It’s the great Rotherham united give away sale, players going cheap.

Surely Value knows Burnley have parachute payments from the Prem this year, offering a couple of million quid for Wiles is a piss take. Agree about Peterboro as well. They tend to over value their players we always seem to under value ours. If they want our players, stump up with the cash or feck off. The other thing is would we reinvest any incoming transfer money on players. I'm not so sure. If TS wants to stay in the championship he needs to back Warne if he cant he needs to get someone in to help him.

Also makes me wonder how much we would have let smith go to the pigs if he had been still in contract. Prob 2 tins of beans and a packet of chewing gum.

Until we start acting at least a bit like championship clubs we will never be one for long. We have a 3rd tier club mentality. that is why we spend so much time there. Warne must feckin despair privately and who is to blame him!

If we get 3.5 million for Wiles I’ll eat my hat ! and everybody else’s on here ! It would be an unbelievable fee, Scott Twine is a similar age to Wiles and scored three times as many goals from midfield and went for a maximum fee including add one for 4 million ?

With that money we could have kept Smith, Icky, brought in Vaulks, Smallwood, Morecambe striker,Tutu, etc. !

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, your side stepping my question. I'm not stating posh are financially better than us I was asking why are they so good at getting 'amazing' prices for their players and we can't? If Wiles were at Posh they'd be asking 5 million for him and getting it, that's the difference I am pointing out as to why our best assets go for relatively cheap prices. Over to you pal.
    Somebodies always going to be better than others, somebody might be able to take more risks, name me another club in the lower divisions as good ? how much have the Owls, Blades, Barnsley and Doncaster made from sales this last few years ? We are not the bottom of this chart with good sales obtained from Vaulks and to a lesser extent Ajayi. It’s not our money ? TS does what he thinks best ? We’ve had all this in the past with Pursehouses, Sid Wood, Boothys etc it’s not just TS ! You have to accept unless some one comes in with Billions this is how our club is run.
    Blades, Barnsley and Owls have had megger owners recently but they don’t throw money around either !

£3.5 million may seem a lot for Wiles but are we calculating his value purely in comparison to Twine who has allegedly been sold for 4 million?

No doubt Twine had a fantastic season for MK last year but he's still somewhat of a gamble at Championship level having never played there. Wiles on the other hand has already had two seasons playing at Championship level and more than held his own at a very young age. He's a standout player for us and one who's progressed through our academy system so his value to us is extremely high. Any offer would have to reflect that. Plus, if we're to have any chance of surviving this season we need to keep our best players. We've already lost two of the backbone of last season, losing Wiles would be a massive blow. Not forgetting that Wiles is currently in a Championship team, Twine was signed from League One. The margins may have been slight but it still counts. So yeah, if Twine can command a fee of 4 million I don't see why Wiles can't be something similar.

And how much will Warne be allowed to spend from any sale ? 10% ?

Be interesting to see if he catches the flight to Pula(?) on Saturday !!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast