+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds win at Worksop

You might be right about that Shads. The trouble is I dont believe a word that comes out of Oakwell and thats because of the recent track record of our leaders. Ok weve new people involved now but they have picked up the poison chalice left for them by Conway et al.

I remain doubtful on the current intentions of the ownership and its only their future activities that can change that view.

I take on board that some of the new lads arent ours until 1 July, I wasnt aware of that and it explains their absence.. However when the clubs assets arent in the match squad, that leads to speculation regarding their future with us. Forgive me for speculating on the matter but Ive developed a Negative Norman attitude towards BFC and I naturally take a negative view towards the activity at Oakwell and the 'news' that comes out of there.

I am fairly sure that Im not the only one with this view, lets hope the actions of the current leadership changes my mindset sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    You might be right about that Shads. The trouble is I dont believe a word that comes out of Oakwell and thats because of the recent track record of our leaders. Ok weve new people involved now but they have picked up the poison chalice left for them by Conway et al.

I remain doubtful on the current intentions of the ownership and its only their future activities that can change that view.

I take on board that some of the new lads arent ours until 1 July, I wasnt aware of that and it explains their absence.. However when the clubs assets arent in the match squad, that leads to speculation regarding their future with us. Forgive me for speculating on the matter but Ive developed a Negative Norman attitude towards BFC and I naturally take a negative view towards the activity at Oakwell and the 'news' that comes out of there.

I am fairly sure that Im not the only one with this view, lets hope the actions of the current leadership changes my mindset sooner rather than later.
    I am at that point Eths.

A huge element of my mistrust has been lifted with the removal of The Arseoyle from the ability to make decisions but the "new regime" have yet to earn my trust. I will judge them by their actions. A good start has been made appointing Duff and investing £1 million to see the club through the immediate cash flow problems left by Conway. A decent transfer window will probably lean me towards trusting the new regime but I would like to know more abart who the Quay lass is representing and what their views/ aims are as that so called "Investor Group" hold the balance of power if you add together their shares to those of Dog Lee, the Arseoyle and Hung.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-06-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post

You are not alone. won’t be renewing. And it’ll take a full season, and some show of ambition before we return. All I can see here is the recycling of players…. “Known Assets”all singing the “Company Values “ but all waiting to be sold at the end of the summer ….replaced with a cheap gamble.
    Same as Conways gamble a year ago.
    Nowt a changed. Still a head coach working with the cheap kids. Still no experience.
    Deja Vu
    Last edited by Jules88; 28-06-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Fingers crossed, I think the new set up realises that fans have got to be 'won over' again, and persuaded to come back. Bridges do indeed need to be built again, and Im sure even Duff knows that.

Things might become a bit clearer with the Jul 1st date, regarding players etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Fingers crossed, I think the new set up realises that fans have got to be 'won over' again, and persuaded to come back. Bridges do indeed need to be built again, and Im sure even Duff knows that.

Things might become a bit clearer with the Jul 1st date, regarding players etc.
    The belt buckle is loosening…….. Very soon the pants will be pulled down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    The belt buckle is loosening…….. Very soon the pants will be pulled down.
    Well pull them up then, or you might trip up.
    And then all the local Hudds fans will giggle at you. 😂

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12