+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds win at Worksop

Reds win at Worksop

A 1-3 win for us there in our first pre season friendly.
    Cole and Iseka scored one each, and get this, Callum Brittain actually scored one as well lol.
    I dun't believe it!. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    A 1-3 win for us there in our first pre season friendly.
    Cole and Iseka scored one each, and get this, Callum Brittain actually scored one as well lol.
    I dun't believe it!. 😁
    Absolute cracker apparently .

Callum Brittain is now a goal scoring machine lol, and lets see now. He waits all this time for the first goal, and two or three might then come along at once.
    Just like the Normy 189 buses. 😊

Bear in mind who we were playing though, Im not getting carried away yet.

Any goal is a good goal whoever the opposition

Especially when its your first goal, that one counts a bit more.
    We've lined up a few non league teams for these friendlies, but Im not sure if they test your team as much as a bigger and better team.
    Crewe and Sheff Ure are the only 2 league clubs we're playing, I think.

I thought it spoke volumes that the club 'assets' as put forward on this site were all absent from the team at Worksop. Styles omission is warranted after his international appearances, the kid needs a break, but as for the rest?

Morris, Helik, Anderson, Collins looks like they are being held back pending offers. Also Victor and Palmer absent. I know theres talk of them declining new contracts so that suggests theyll be away soon as well.

I also wonder why all of the recent signings were missing. Surely the sooner they get playing, the sooner they will be integrated into the club and familiar with our new managers playing style.

Its a bit baffling to me.

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I thought it spoke volumes that the club 'assets' as put forward on this site were all absent from the team at Worksop. Styles omission is warranted after his international appearances, the kid needs a break, but as for the rest?

Morris, Helik, Anderson, Collins looks like they are being held back pending offers. Also Victor and Palmer absent. I know theres talk of them declining new contracts so that suggests theyll be away soon as well.

I also wonder why all of the recent signings were missing. Surely the sooner they get playing, the sooner they will be integrated into the club and familiar with our new managers playing style.

Morris refused to play on that artificial pitch according to what I was told this morning .

The person who told me shall obviously remain anonymous or else I'll get to know feck all else .

The new guys don’t officially become our players until July 1st so are ineligible to play.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post

I think you are putting 2 & 2 together & coming up with a dozen , they have been back training for a week & over 20 odd players got a run out against a non league out outfit which basically was no more than a training session , I do not think you can come to any conclusions especially regarding the new players as it has been pointed out they are not officially until July the 1st , if one was to get injured they will still be insured by the clubs they are still contracted to . I am sure as pre season continues all the players in the squad will get game time & players will come into the club whilst others leave but you might as well sit back & wait & see what develops.

I see we wore the ghastly green away kit again there, for absolutely no reason.
    But at least we have finally won an away game in it lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast