+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith - I know my reputation is tarnished

Quote Originally Posted by daveeed View Post
    Absolutely get the financial security for his family, assuming the wendies don’t go bust. Can even accept where he has gone, once ‘the dust has settled’ but I can’t accept the way it appears RUFC were played and used to get Smith an even better deal.
    That's football agents for you and why players employ them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    That's football agents for you and why players employ them.
    Smith has Same agent as Connor Washington..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Should we be worried ?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Who got 3 million off of QPR for Peterborough a few years ago.

Your only mistake smudge lad was going to the pigs. It is the ultimate kick in the teeth for millers fans. ANY other club jn the country would have been acceptable. The prob for millers fans is this has made their delusional fans even more obnoxious than ever towards little old toytown. Call it naive if you want but your image has been tarnished and those goals you scored against the pigs mean little now. On the plus side it is brave of you to come out and say this. Not so sure the other lad who left us will.

Unfortunately, you will not be part of the all time millers legends now like frecks, moore, towner, watson, lee etc. Shame cos if you hadnt gone to the pigs you would have.

No bad wishes to you personally but i hope the pigs get relegated this season but then we always want that for them dont we?

The scum bags at the sty have no principles. It will take more tham smith and iekwe to get em up next season. Looking forward too the praise and grumble melt downs next season from porkers. If anyone wonders why millers fans hate em here is one answer.

I just can't watch his goals now with the same admiration that I did before...

I would like to give him the traditional good luck message used in the acting profession

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Your only mistake smudge lad was going to the pigs. It is the ultimate kick in the teeth for millers fans. ANY other club jn the country would have been acceptable. The prob for millers fans is this has made their delusional fans even more obnoxious than ever towards little old toytown. Call it naive if you want but your image has been tarnished and those goals you scored against the pigs mean little now. On the plus side it is brave of you to come out and say this. Not so sure the other lad who left us will.
    This cringeworthy policy of trying to sign other local clubs' players and managers is nothing new, Roly, and it goes right back to Brian Dean and Jimmy Hagan. On both occasions United agreed to sell to Wednesday, but neither player would move across the city on the grounds that they wouldn't be able to walk the streets any more. But they were different times, and in fairness to TS he has in the past attempted to thwart the Owls' advances but this time could do nothing.

In my opinion Bannan, who's been referenced several times on the site, is far worse than Smith. Baz has been on £2 million a year for the past 7 years, is an international, yet he would rather languish in the Third than take a pay cut and play at a higher level. I just cannot imagine doing that, had I made all that money. Smith's situation is quite different, as this is his first (and probably last) big pay day. His wage of circa £1.5 million a year is that of a decent Championship striker, one who scores perhaps 10-12 goals a season. Winnall came in on £17K a week a few years ago, and although a different sort of player to Smith was that sort of striker (he got eleven for the Reds). It's fair to say that his career didn't improve after leaving Oakwell, even if his bank balance did.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast