+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith - I know my reputation is tarnished

Time to let the Smith thing go now? What ever Wednesday pay their players is their business.
    Knocking the ball up to Smithy last time didn't keep us up, and it wouldn't have this time either. Time for a change of player and tactics maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Time to let the Smith thing go now? What ever Wednesday pay their players is their business.
    Knocking the ball up to Smithy last time didn't keep us up, and it wouldn't have this time either. Time for a change of player and tactics maybe?
    Absolutely. That's what I hope we get as a result of Smudge moving on and I'm really hoping we have a more mobile and pacey strike force with players who can switch roles if necessary rather than the one dimensional "big front man" approach that doesn't work in the Championship.

Still same manager so don't bank on it

I was told today Rotherham United offered £8,000 a week to Smith, Wednesday's offered £10,000 a week,
    Rotherham United matched the £10,000, but Wednesday's came back with £12,000 a week, & a 3 year
    contract.
    To which Rotherham United would not pay that money, so therefore Smith became a Wednesday player.

Money saved for other options

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Still same manager so don't bank on it
    Still the sane chairman so I wouldn't bank on it either

Smith's agent has been brilliant for him. I would guess he has probably tripled his wages.

Looking at this without a dog in the fight so to speak I don't believe for one minute Michael Smith is on £20k a week at S6 , absolutely not .

S6 haven't got that kind of clout for starters these days and what's more if Smith was a £20k a week player then he'd have signed for a top championship club still receiving parachute payments like the Blunts perhaps .

However I wouldn't dispute S6 can pay more the The Millers which kind of tells you the story here .

They didn't need to offer £20k to Smith to land him all they needed to do was better Rotherham's best offer and an extra £2k a week was enough .

Can we let this go now ?
    Loved Smith,but he`s history,let`s concentrate on what`s to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I was told today Rotherham United offered £8,000 a week to Smith, Wednesday's offered £10,000 a week,
    Rotherham United matched the £10,000, but Wednesday's came back with £12,000 a week, & a 3 year
    contract.
    To which Rotherham United would not pay that money, so therefore Smith became a Wednesday player.
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Looking at this without a dog in the fight so to speak I don't believe for one minute Michael Smith is on £20k a week at S6 , absolutely not .

S6 haven't got that kind of clout for starters these days and what's more if Smith was a £20k a week player then he'd have signed for a top championship club still receiving parachute payments like the Blunts perhaps .

However I wouldn't dispute S6 can pay more the The Millers which kind of tells you the story here .

They didn't need to offer £20k to Smith to land him all they needed to do was better Rotherham's best offer and an extra £2k a week was enough .
    Reading today, Tony Stewart said, that one of the two players who ended up at Wednesday, was going to sign a new
    contract with the Millers, but did not turn up.
    Someone posted Hamshaw had said Smith to sign a new contract, so Tony Stewart must have meant Smith.
    But it would seem has I was told, that Wednesday upped the weekly wage to £12,000 & gazumped the Millers,
    with the Millers not entering a bidding war.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast