+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith - I know my reputation is tarnished

Not turning up?

Disgusting if true

In David Watson's book "Millmoor Personalities 1946-1986" club legend Danny Williams is quoted as having said that the only club he would leave Millmoor for would be Wednesday.

He was a one-club man, but did go on to manage the piggies.

Nothing's new. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    In David Watson's book "Millmoor Personalities 1946-1986" club legend Danny Williams is quoted as having said that the only club he would leave Millmoor for would be Wednesday.

He was a one-club man, but did go on to manage the piggies.

Nothing's new. Move on.
    Giddy. I was given this book as a Xmas present when ot was released and I've not opened it to read. I've just cleared the loft and found it out. Maybe time to read it

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not turning up?

Disgusting if true
    In this week's Weekender, Grist

Is it about time this thread was closed and we all move on now? I think it’s been done go the hilt and we’ve all had a say on it.

Let us know either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Is it about time this thread was closed and we all move on now? I think it’s been done go the hilt and we’ve all had a say on it.

Let us know either way.
    I agree, but the fact is that we will be scrutinising the form of these two for the whole of next season and no doubt celebrating every time Smith misses an open goal and every time Ihiekwe gets booked, scores an own goal, slices a header, gives away a penalty, goes absent in defence or has a crisis of confidence.

Tarnished. More in Tatters as far as our club is concerned. Speaking personally if my employers had offered to double, maybe treble my wages I wouldn’t want to leave for another couple of grand a week, especially them and considering the drop back to league 1.A real boat burning move but he made his bed so to speak.
    I think ultimately it was the right decision for us playing wise and financially as it might give us more flexibility with wages elsewhere.

In a sense,at the end of the day whoever plays for the pigs, I want swfc to fail. No slight on smith or icky. That is a given for me. If they sink with the ship so be it. The pigs doing poorly always comes first in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Let us know either way.
    Yeah, lock it out

I grew up with a lot of the players featured from the late 50s/early 60s so I find it very nostalgic. It's a good read, give it a go.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast