+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Smith - I know my reputation is tarnished

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    It couldn’t mean £17k a week for instance. You’ve been fed a load of old cobblers. The £12k is accurate.

Windass was bought when they were in the championship. Budgets change. Even for massive Wednesday.
    Plus the signing on fee which will be north of 100k per season.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    The appetite to endlessly chat about Smudge seems far stronger than discussing the actual people who want to play for us. Shame.

What did Bramall get when signing? About 7 people commenting.

A player that has left gets 9 pages so far.
    Prob because when we talk about new signings peeps say. "Lets see him play before comments" or "yeah you know this from watching YouTube video".
    Smith has been part of our club for 5 seasons. Of peeps want to talk about him then I'm happy to listen.
    You have read the thread, you know who it's about. Let folk get on with it

Wednesday drew 0-0 with Alfreton in a pre season friendly. Smith & Icky played the 2nd half.
    Some fans already in meltdown at their inability to score. 🤣

The appetite to endlessly chat about Smudge seems far stronger than discussing the actual people who want to play for us. Shame.

What did Bramall get when signing? About 7 people commenting.

A player that has left gets 9 pages so far.
    Just wait until the season starts. Fans will be ruthlessly scrutinizing the performances of each player to see if (a) Icky drops any clangers in defence, and (b) Smith misses any sitters. I've been told by Rotherham mates that Icky's got a mistake in him...

Quote Originally Posted by LesHiboux View Post
    Just wait until the season starts. Fans will be ruthlessly scrutinizing the performances of each player to see if (a) Icky drops any clangers in defence, and (b) Smith misses any sitters. I've been told by Rotherham mates that Icky's got a mistake in him...
    To be fair, Icky is a decent League 1 defender and had more good games than bad ones for us, but, yes he does have a mistake in him.
    I always got really nervous when he dwelt on the ball against a pressing team or when he passed it across the back line because his distribution is average to say the least. You'll probably see what I mean after he's played a few games for you.
    On the plus side, he can be a threat in the opposition box from set pieces.

Ike 2nd touch is usually a hoof for a opposition goal kick.
    Something Ike struggles with is a ball played to him around waist height. He often panics. He's good in the air and has pace your getting 2 good league 1 players though imo Smith is not a sheff wed style player.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Prob because when we talk about new signings peeps say. "Lets see him play before comments" or "yeah you know this from watching YouTube video".
    Smith has been part of our club for 5 seasons. Of peeps want to talk about him then I'm happy to listen.
    You have read the thread, you know who it's about. Let folk get on with it
    There are only so many ways to say that he went for money. After which the chat is pretty dead but for repeating variations of that. Folk can chat about what they want but in relation to actual threads about RUFC players / systems / tactics, it is disproportionately high. The interest, which is strange to me.

All I'm saying is when someone posts a thread like the '4-3-3' one, or 'what we need', traction is pretty non existent. Comparatively. Something that can spark debate / chat about current RUFC matters, very few seem interested.

Like I said, a board will chat about what it's members want to, fair enough. Just feels a shame to me, is what it is. All have different levels of interests in different discussions I suppose.

There are only so many ways to say that he went for money. After which the chat is pretty dead but for repeating variations of that. Folk can chat about what they want but in relation to actual threads about RUFC players / systems / tactics, it is disproportionately high. The interest, which is strange to me.

All I'm saying is when someone posts a thread like the '4-3-3' one, or 'what we need', traction is pretty non existent. Comparatively. Something that can spark debate / chat about current RUFC matters, very few seem interested.

Like I said, a board will chat about what it's members want to, fair enough. Just feels a shame to me, is what it is. All have different levels of interests in different discussions I suppose.
    Fair point but What else can be said about these threads ?

They get to 7 or 8 replays then stall because everything that can be said has been said. Then gwru Comes along and gives his 2p worth and we get 20 posts telling us how nutty gwru is and how wrong his opinion is.
    If the respective threads are your thing, ok
    At least this thread has attracted posts from 2 other football club fans.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Fair point but What else can be said about these threads ?

They get to 7 or 8 replays then stall because everything that can be said has been said. Then gwru Comes along and gives his 2p worth and we get 20 posts telling us how nutty gwru is and how wrong his opinion is.
    If the respective threads are your thing, ok
    At least this thread has attracted posts from 2 other football club fans.
    Fair points.

I like the threads where people want to discuss the team and what certain people bring, what moves could mean for other players in the squad, how we see it all fitting together etc. That kind of thing. Others don't and wait for the management to do as they see fit without speculating, which is fair enough and smart given we are irrelevant on that front. Not so many like the ones I do which is fair enough. Each to their own.

Oh and on the Bramall thread, I know they get repetitive and he won't read us saying welcome but it feels good, to me anyway, seeing a load of people welcoming him nonetheless. Daft really but yeah. Like on the Twitter announcement people all put roughly the same but it looks nice having lots of people giving that welcoming touch.
    Last edited by MillersTime; 03-07-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Fair points.

I like the threads where people want to discuss the team and what certain people bring, what moves could mean for other players in the squad, how we see it all fitting together etc. That kind of thing. Others don't and wait for the management to do as they see fit without speculating, which is fair enough and smart given we are irrelevant on that front. Not so many like the ones I do which is fair enough. Each to their own.

Oh and on the Bramall thread, I know they get repetitive and he won't read us saying welcome but it feels good, to me anyway, seeing a load of people welcoming him nonetheless. Daft really but yeah. Like on the Twitter announcement people all put roughly the same but it looks nice having lots of people giving that welcoming touch.
    How mamy times can you welcome a player who prob wont even read mm
    Wonder how many pages blackstock got

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast