+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Smith - I know my reputation is tarnished

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Giddy. I was given this book as a Xmas present when ot was released and I've not opened it to read. I've just cleared the loft and found it out. Maybe time to read it
    See my last post

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Looking at this without a dog in the fight so to speak I don't believe for one minute Michael Smith is on £20k a week at S6 , absolutely not .

S6 haven't got that kind of clout for starters these days and what's more if Smith was a £20k a week player then he'd have signed for a top championship club still receiving parachute payments like the Blunts perhaps .

However I wouldn't dispute S6 can pay more the The Millers which kind of tells you the story here .

They didn't need to offer £20k to Smith to land him all they needed to do was better Rotherham's best offer and an extra £2k a week was enough .
    To be fair, I've never said that he's on 20K a week, Animal. I said that I'd been told he'd been offered approaching that amount, which could mean £17K for instance. Windass is known to be on such a wage, which is why I believed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Tarnished. More in Tatters as far as our club is concerned. Speaking personally if my employers had offered to double, maybe treble my wages I wouldn’t want to leave for another couple of grand a week, especially them and considering the drop back to league 1.A real boat burning move but he made his bed so to speak.
    I think ultimately it was the right decision for us playing wise and financially as it might give us more flexibility with wages elsewhere.
    Whilst I understand your/our frustration, it's not just a couple of grand a week more, it's a couple of grand a week more over 3 years, which is an awful lot of extra money. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Whilst I understand your/our frustration, it's not just a couple of grand a week more, it's a couple of grand a week more over 3 years, which is an awful lot of extra money. UTM
    About £165,000 after tax and NI

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    About £165,000 after tax and NI
    Cheers Patty, not an insignificant sum of money. UTM

If money is the be all and end all. I know money is important and the numbers are significant, but once you are earning these amounts it is all relative.

Once you have the money it is a question of how much you need to be comfortable.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 02-07-2022 at 08:14 PM.

The appetite to endlessly chat about Smudge seems far stronger than discussing the actual people who want to play for us. Shame.

What did Bramall get when signing? About 7 people commenting.

A player that has left gets 9 pages so far.

I agree.
    As you say they have made their decision. Time to draw a line. No more comments from me on this topic.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 02-07-2022 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    The appetite to endlessly chat about Smudge seems far stronger than discussing the actual people who want to play for us. Shame.

What did Bramall get when signing? About 7 people commenting.

A player that has left gets 9 pages so far.
    It’s a strange board, we seem to talk about more other things/clubs than our own at times.

It also doesn’t help having multiple threads on same things, three did comment on Bramall (have we signed anyone yet) signing before a thread was put up

Quote Originally Posted by LesHiboux View Post
    To be fair, I've never said that he's on 20K a week, Animal. I said that I'd been told he'd been offered approaching that amount, which could mean £17K for instance. Windass is known to be on such a wage, which is why I believed it.
    It couldn’t mean £17k a week for instance. You’ve been fed a load of old cobblers. The £12k is accurate.

Windass was bought when they were in the championship. Budgets change. Even for massive Wednesday.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast