+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clowes Named Preferred Bidder

It might fall under that but itd need to be oroved and you couldnt possibly prove it one way or the other

I just dont see Clowes finilising to be honest, hes not got the muscle to take this job on and I think he backs out leaving us finished

Excuses coming out already for tomorrow, its not washing ffs, it doesnt take this long to buy a business

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think y'all need to cool your boots on this one, any collusion on the part of Clowes, Ashley or any other party to suppress creditor value falls under common law conspiracy to defraud (IMSKO), I headed of a number of such daft schemes at my last employer
    Exactly! But there's nothing to require any bidder offering to pay more than what they judge to be the value to buy the club. The competitive bidding process is supposed to result in a bets bid being made. However, if there is only one bidder who meets the criteria, then they get accepted.

How the club/company is funded going forward is not something that comes into the equation for creditors - they get the proceeds divvied up from the sale of the club/company and assets.

Clowes will it seems seek a partner to provide more funds to develop the club going forward, which would be sensible.

Anyway lets hope the takeover goes forward today.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    It might fall under that but itd need to be oroved and you couldnt possibly prove it one way or the other

I just dont see Clowes finilising to be honest, hes not got the muscle to take this job on and I think he backs out leaving us finished

Excuses coming out already for tomorrow, its not washing ffs, it doesnt take this long to buy a business

On what basis do you make that statement? I mean he has accomplished more than any other bidder, in that he has actually bought the ground, advanced a loan to keep the club operating and been clear what he is trying to do.

Nobody, especially not Ashley has done anything close, Ashley hasn't even said directly that he is interested!

For those of us with more common sense than financial/business knowledge can someone please explain, in layman’s terms, is the potential Clowes takeover good news or not?

I thought it was. I also thought the Rosenior appointment was particularly good news.

Since then we seem to have become embroiled in yet more ‘bother’ (the Stretford/Kirchner stuff) and I’m left wondering when the roller coaster stops and when we get some real decisions and direction and become able to make some actual football plans.

Explanations? (Tricky and DCFCA need not apply).

FWIW I think its probably good news but then everyone thought MM taking over was good news too. Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone....

A lot of boxes are ticked, but Im vaguely concerned that a property developer has bought property cheap: that often only leads to one outcome -they pave paradise and put up a parking lot, to return to my earlier theme. Im also vaguely concerned that Clowes does not necessarily have the liquid net worth to support a club that bleeds losses even when revenue is higher than it ever could be in the 3rd division.

But overall, any port in a storm. 9 months ago when Ashley first raised his profile as a possible buyer, everyone was saying "we don't want him". 9 months later, he has still not made a clear public bid, yet is seen as the messiah we've missed out on. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

Overall, probably a safe pair of hands but Im not convinced a long term one.
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 29-06-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    FWIW I think its probably good news but then everyone thought MM taking over was good news too. Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone....

A lot of boxes are ticked, but Im vaguely concerned that a property developer has bought property cheap: that often only leads to one outcome -they pave paradise and put up a parking lot, to return to my earlier theme. Im also vaguely concerned that Clowes does not necessarily have the liquid net worth to support a club that bleeds losses even when revenue is higher than it ever could be in the 3rd division.

But overall, any port in a storm. 9 months ago when Ashley first raised his profile as a possible buyer, everyone was saying "we don't want him". 9 months later, he has still not made a clear public bid, yet is seen as the messiah we've missed out on. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

Overall, probably a safe pair of hands but Im not convinced a long term one.
    Thanks for trying. It’s a while since Pride Park came close to ‘paradise’, but I know what you, and Joni, mean.

Overall you seem relatively reassured but there are too many ‘vague’ concerns from someone who understands the dark world of such dealings and transactions for me to feel very encouraged, leaving me only able to share your ‘Alice’ sentiment.

In a nutshell, I'd say Clowes has/will save the club. He could keep it operating on a sensible basis, but not with any great expenditure.

From what I can gather, Clowes is actively seeking a partner who is able to provide some funds to develop the club going forward. Now if all that pans out, it should be good news. If fans keep remembering that we nearly lost the club and don't revert to spend the cash and try and Derby promoted quickly mind set, then maybe there will be a period of peace and stability.

As for the wages affair, can the EFl really punish the new owners for something undertaken when it was in administration? Assuming of course that it actually is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

As for the wages affair, can the EFl really punish the new owners for something undertaken when it was in administration? Assuming of course that it actually is an issue.
    My sentiments exactly...but GP, who is probably our resident expert on this sort of stuff, suggests otherwise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)