+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Butland

Jack Butland

Any idea why we are not interested
    Don’t think he’s played much for Palace they now have Johnstone too, so maybe we can pick him up quite cheap after all they only paid £1m

Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Any idea why we are not interested
    Don’t think he’s played much for Palace they now have Johnstone too, so maybe we can pick him up quite cheap after all they only paid £1m

Thoughts??

Morning BS and hope you are well! My thoughts are when Johnstone is routed to his goal line - fails to talk to his defenders and does one of his famous kick outs ( if he connects ) then Palace fans will scream for Butland to be number 1.

Didn’t rate Johnstone whatsoever and a poor man’s second to Foster but he was particularly woeful last season.

Good riddance to England’s number 21!

Personally, I would have promoted Palmer to number one and Griffiths as number two. Button has been solid but we need to look to the future. Both Palmer and Griffiths have had at least two seasons' experience in the lower divisions. As for Butland, he was the 'great white hope' at one stage but his form dropped off dramatically so I'm not convinced. I agree with Al that Johnstone won't be greatly missed as there are too many flaws in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Personally, I would have promoted Palmer to number one and Griffiths as number two. Button has been solid but we need to look to the future. Both Palmer and Griffiths have had at least two seasons' experience in the lower divisions. As for Butland, he was the 'great white hope' at one stage but his form dropped off dramatically so I'm not convinced. I agree with Al that Johnstone won't be greatly missed as there are too many flaws in his game.

Totally agree with you regarding Palmer!

Don’t know enough about Palmer or Griffiths, hope they are capable, but with Bruce I can see us having Button play as he’s safe (r)

I’d rather have Butland than Button, he was really highly rated a few years back

Next in line for first choice goalie is Palmer and with Griffiths on the books too, I don’t see the need for Butland. Butland was a top ‘keeper a while back but who knows if he can regain that form? Providing their form holds up, Palmer and Griffiths must be the future.

Bruce said he was happy with the keepers at his disposal and had no plans to strengthen there.

I hope you are well BS.

Butland isn't good enough now BS.

He was great a few seasons ago when at Sjoke and I think they rejected bids of around £30m from Everton before they went for Pickford.

If Bruce does send Griffiths out on loan again he must ensure that there is a clause in the contract that means that he can be recalled if there is an injury to Button or Palmer, or worse, to both of them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)