+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Update

Not sure we need a beast, just someone who can put a successful tackle in and win more than his fair share of headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Not sure we need a beast, just someone who can put a successful tackle in and win more than his fair share of headers.
    That's the ticket, someone who can also win more than his fair share of 50:50s

This made me laugh with Wrexham on Twitter

“Wrexham AFC can confirm that The RR McReynolds Company LLC has provided a further £1.2m of equity into the Club via a new share issue.

In addition, loans of £3.67m for the purpose of meeting capital expenditure – including the purchase of the freehold for the Racecourse Ground and stadium improvements including rebuilding the University End concourse - has also been provided for the period up until June 30, 2022.”

Their fans can’t understand why it’s loans and also they’ve let quite a few players go and only brought in 2, perhaps RR is realising they need to run a tighter ship?

Seems that the MacDonald rumours were unfounded, he's signed for Cheltenham.

Unfounded rumours inbetween seasons? Surely not.... But lets admit it we are all desperate for news/rumours this time of year so not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Seems that the MacDonald rumours were unfounded, he's signed for Cheltenham.
    To be fair they are 2 divisions above us. If we were in for him you can understand why he'd prefer a move to there.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post

“Wrexham AFC can confirm that The RR McReynolds Company LLC has provided a further £1.2m of equity into the Club via a new share issue.

In addition, loans of £3.67m for the purpose of meeting capital expenditure – including the purchase of the freehold for the Racecourse Ground and stadium improvements including rebuilding the University End concourse - has also been provided for the period up until June 30, 2022.”

Their fans can’t understand why it’s loans and also they’ve let quite a few players go and only brought in 2, perhaps RR is realising they need to run a tighter ship?
    That's really interesting. Looks like the owners have an eye on selling at some point and want to protect the money they've put in. As far as that's ever possible in football of course

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post

Wrexham have at least 4 players on over £3000 a week so I'd have thought they're tightening their belt. Having said that they've just bought a player from Luton who was once on over £8k a week.

Seems the fans expect the debt to be turned into shares but as their owners are American they're surely only in it for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Wrexham have at least 4 players on over £3000 a week so I'd have thought they're tightening their belt. Having said that they've just bought a player from Luton who was once on over £8k a week.

Seems the fans expect the debt to be turned into shares but as their owners are American they're surely only in it for the money.
    They keep signing decent forwards but at the end of the day i’m not sure you can play them all at once. So keeping them happy and motivated will be Parkinson’s biggest challenge.
    If Elliott Lee is on 5k plus, that’s a massive gamble on a player who hasn’t been prolific. For me the 2 other forwards they have are better equipped to fire them towards a promotion push.

Just had a view at what Wrexham fans think on there forum. Found it amazing that the league is all wrapped up before a ball is kicked. Then in the same breath odds of 6/4 to be champions and 4/5 to be promoted are not worth it. Sorry, but if it was a dead cert then those odds look big and should be snapped up with as much money as you can afford.
    Elite, you are a man of odds, what do you think? I know you don’t normally like these short odds but if it’s a given it will happen, then surely you go balls deep.

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast