+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Update

Wouldn't see the point in getting rid of either Rawlinson or Vincent. As others have said, Rawlinson is a very useful squad players and I can see Vincent becoming another Tom Crawford if we let him go.

While id be sad to see Roberts go; he's been one of the better players I've seen in a notts shirt, he hasn't really been the same since he caught covid and I'd rather get some money in for him than let another player leave for nothing.

I don't mind Brooks going out on loan again, surely it's going to serve his development better playing men's football week in week out than sitting on our bench and only playing trophy games.

Mitchell can definitely go, while I'll wish him the best for the future, I can't help but be confused and disappointed by his signing and subsequent time at notts; how the recruitment team though he could be our top target that summer baffles me.

Would love Mcdonald to sign, if we sign another lwb then I guess chicksen would move to centre back more permanently; while chicksen is decent at centre back, I don't see the point in replacing rawlinson with him in that role.

Central midfield is an obvious necessity as is striker but as I've said before, Dodoo is not the one for us. We're crying up for a target man, which is where he played for Doncaster last season, but evidently it wasn't successful as he fell out with his manager and got berated by his own fans; why sign him if he obviously doesn't want to play in the role we need to fulfill, for what I can imagine would be huge wages at this level too?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Just another in a long list of young players we shouldn't have got rid of..
    Yep - it's hard to understand. To me it was obvious in this case

I don't understand this need for a target man tbh. Did Stockport/Barrow/Sutton have target men when they won the league? Genuine question - I don't know.
    I don't recall Grimsby needing a big man up top this season

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I don't understand this need for a target man tbh. Did Stockport/Barrow/Sutton have target men when they won the league? Genuine question - I don't know.
    I don't recall Grimsby needing a big man up top this season
    Yeah I’m mixed on this. My only reason for wanting a target man up top is more from a defensive prospective. Making the ball stick up top can be a massive help when you’re under pressure. Plus help with defending set pieces. So possibly more of a squad player.
    If our style of play is the same as last season then it’s not really a critical attribute from an attacking sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Hartlepool also have our former midfielder Tom Crawford (still only 23), who seems to have come into his own there and has recently been christened the "Chester Iniesta" by their fans.
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 15.44.59.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  15.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Hartlepool also have our former midfielder Tom Crawford (still only 23), who seems to have come into his own there and has recently been christened the "Chester Iniesta" by their fans.
    Oh well at least we got to blood that other youngster, Doyle the undroppable.

I think when a target man is mentioned, straight away you think six foot plus. This is all well and good if said target man is good in the air, winning flick ons, and the balls up to him are generally hit and hope to ease pressure. If you can play a more controlled ball forward, below head height, you can have a shorter guy with a bit more pace who can run onto a ball played into the channels as well, therefore keeping the defenders on their toes.
    From what I have seen of Scott, he is strong enough to make the ball stick and lay it off, but also has enough pace to run onto a longer ball/through ball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think when a target man is mentioned, straight away you think six foot plus. This is all well and good if said target man is good in the air, winning flick ons, and the balls up to him are generally hit and hope to ease pressure. If you can play a more controlled ball forward, below head height, you can have a shorter guy with a bit more pace who can run onto a ball played into the channels as well, therefore keeping the defenders on their toes.
    From what I have seen of Scott, he is strong enough to make the ball stick and lay it off, but also has enough pace to run onto a longer ball/through ball as well.
    Young Clough played that role at Forest, he isn't tall but was excellent at holding the ball up and bringing players into the game.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-06-2022 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Fixed typo for clarity

I'd be very unhappy to see Vincent go, he missed last pre season with injury and was harshly treated by Burchnall, always the scapegoat when we had a bad day. Loads of energy, only midfielder who ran beyond the striker and will likely improve on last season given a chance.
    All our signings from NLN are hopeful, none proven at this level so to let Vincent go who has guaranteed the energy needed for this level seems premature.
    Would far rather see Taylor and Francis go ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I'd be very unhappy to see Vincent go, he missed last pre season with injury and was harshly treated by Burchnall, always the scapegoat when we had a bad day. Loads of energy, only midfielder who ran beyond the striker and will likely improve on last season given a chance.
    All our signings from NLN are hopeful, none proven at this level so to let Vincent go who has guaranteed the energy needed for this level seems premature.
    Would far rather see Taylor and Francis go ahead of him.
    Same thoughts here, wonder if he is one who has asked to leave though? Can't blame him really the way he was treated by Burchnall. Took a while to get in the side, made an immediate impact and gave us lots of energy only to be dropped and never seen again in the match day squad

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast