+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Update

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    We’ve had five signings and only one was remotely rumoured beforehand (and that was Bajrami at Kidderminster’s end), and a new head coach who no one had mentioned at all. Not sure anyone is ITK any more with Notts!
    We've had 6 everyone seems to be forgetting about Rowling

We made a terrible mistake releasing Alex Lacey. He was one of the best footballers at the club and has immediately been signed by a EFL club and we have replaced him with Baldwin. Thats not a good move for the club. We will miss Lacey

Lacey is a very good composed footballer for NL and L2 level. His career shows that. He's easily proved that at Notts which made the underwhelming perfomances last season that I saw even more disappointing and surprising.

Players come, players go. You make mistakes buying players , you make mistakes letting others go. That happens with any system you adopt at the club.

As long as you make more good signings than bad ones and let lots of average Joe's and Dross leave then you are in the right track. It's easy to identify and cherry pick the players you shouldn't have let go. Each and every club and construct impressive XIs of one's they let slip through their fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    We made a terrible mistake releasing Alex Lacey. He was one of the best footballers at the club and has immediately been signed by a EFL club and we have replaced him with Baldwin. Thats not a good move for the club. We will miss Lacey
    Lacey has obvious fitness issues: 59 appearances over 3 seasons in all competitions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Lacey

The lad wanted to play back in the EFL. He's served his time in the National League - good luck to him !!

Lacey has made 243 appearances over 12 yrs....just over 20 per season so something is not quite right.

Not fussed about Lacey not very dominant and doesn’t play enough games

Quote Originally Posted by nottsfever View Post
    We've had 6 everyone seems to be forgetting about Rowling
    I actually forgot about Langstaff somehow!

Rumours Solihull are in for Omar Bogle as Hartlepool have accepted an offer. Decent signing for them and don’t expect he’s on the cheap, unless it’s someone else, I doubt it’s us?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Rumours Solihull are in for Omar Bogle as Hartlepool have accepted an offer. Decent signing for them and don’t expect he’s on the cheap, unless it’s someone else, I doubt it’s us?
    There were lots of rumours we were after Bogle a few years ago too. Probably around 2018-19. He's not had a good season since, but with the right manager he could still be quite a handful at this level.

He's really not a radar signing tho. If Solihull sign him it probably means they're selling Kyle Hudlin (that 6ft 9 striker they have who always seems to attract interest).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    One of my favorite ever Notts players if I'm honest, without the injuries he would of had a cracking career , good luck to him in league 2, definitely able for that level

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast