+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Update

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Rumours Solihull are in for Omar Bogle as Hartlepool have accepted an offer. Decent signing for them and don’t expect he’s on the cheap, unless it’s someone else, I doubt it’s us?
    I had no idea he’d played for 8 clubs since leaving Grimsby 5 years ago! Lots of failed loans and false starts. In that context a drop down to the NL and return to the club he was most prolific for makes sense.

Rumours Solihull are in for Omar Bogle as Hartlepool have accepted an offer. Decent signing for them and don’t expect he’s on the cheap, unless it’s someone else, I doubt it’s us?
    If they get Bogle and they get him firing that will be some forward line along side Dallas and Sbarra. Certainly puts the cat amongst the pigeons and with us looking likely to lose at least one of, if not both, Roberts and Rodrigues, I'd think our season just got a lot tougher

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If they get Bogle and they get him firing that will be some forward line along side Dallas and Sbarra. Certainly puts the cat amongst the pigeons and with us looking likely to lose at least one of, if not both, Roberts and Rodrigues, I'd think our season just got a lot tougher
    I suspect Solihull are going to lose one of their stars and Bogle is the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Lacey is a very good composed footballer for NL and L2 level. His career shows that. He's easily proved that at Notts which made the underwhelming perfomances last season that I saw even more disappointing and surprising.

Players come, players go. You make mistakes buying players , you make mistakes letting others go. That happens with any system you adopt at the club.

As long as you make more good signings than bad ones and let lots of average Joe's and Dross leave then you are in the right track. It's easy to identify and cherry pick the players you shouldn't have let go. Each and every club and construct impressive XIs of one's they let slip through their fingers.
    Lacy was continually injured and performances were ok but we need players with more drive and ambition. I wouldn't say Hartlepool is much of a step up from Notts.

If they get 35 games out of him next season I'd be surprised

I see Wrexham made their first signing yesterday, Joran Tunnicliffe from Crawley, basically a pretty decent CB from Crawley, their fans claiming the league will be won in March, starting to dislike them now as much as Chesterfields 😂

Is this the same fans who when Stockport ended their title dreams said their promotion was just delayed until they won the playoffs?

They are big the favourites and rightly so but only a certain type of message board using fan would suggest such a thing before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Is this the same fans who when Stockport ended their title dreams said their promotion was just delayed until they won the playoffs?

They are big the favourites and rightly so but only a certain type of message board using fan would suggest such a thing before the season starts.
    Lot of pressure on them, they were raving about Tozer and by all accounts he was really poor second half of the season. Let’s face it, the signings they are doing are only going there for the money and that may not be the greatest recipe with the type of characters you get with that.

Lot of pressure on them, they were raving about Tozer and by all accounts he was really poor second half of the season. Let’s face it, the signings they are doing are only going there for the money and that may not be the greatest recipe with the type of characters you get with that.
    I suspect Tozer was signed more for his long throw than his ability as a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I suspect Tozer was signed more for his long throw than his ability as a defender.
    Well definitely part of it, but 200k for a now 32 year old struggling to defend makes me believe more in our recruitment a bit more. Going to be interesting season, so many uncertainties for us. 5 young players from the league below who have excelled challenging a team doing the total opposite.

So Tozer is really just a tosser.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast