+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Update

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I know it's very much only rumour and innuendo at this stage but Palmer is under contract, I'd assume a key part in the head coach's plans for next season, we've just sold a player for over £100K, and he just had a great season which I imagine he enjoyed even without promotion at the end of it.

Palmer was better than Roberts last season. Palmer is harder to replace both within the current squad and also by signing a new player. He's crucial if he left I'd be calling a certain bookies asking if I could have my big money bet back lol.

Cal clearly has a lot of talent, produced some magical moments, he was a very good signing#radar, without serious injury would have been a great signing potentially and without him we are clearly weaker.

However I'm told he moaned too much last season, wasn't happy, rumoured to want to leave the club, didn't really suit our system/approach and we received a fee for him.

I've not written that last bit on NCM for far too long. As others said if a player isn't fully committed can leave on a free at end of the season and helps keep my man Rùben at Notts then it's a good piece of business IMHO.
    I reckon Ruben leaving this window has just got more likely. Cal leaving may be a catalyst. Clubs will now know that players at Notts have a price, particularly those in the last year of a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I reckon Ruben leaving this window has just got more likely. Cal leaving may be a catalyst. Clubs will now know that players at Notts have a price, particularly those in the last year of a contract.
    I can understand your view on that.

I hope/believe the owners will be quite strong, we’ve let one go but not another key player. The exceptions to that are…. a ridiculous offer or Ruben kicks up a fuss and doesn’t perform.

Incidentally, you’re one of the better posters on here.

Your guess 78 is as good as mine. Can easily argued either way.

If Ruben wants the best footballing move and best financial package , him having a mardy and underperforming is not the way to go about it

I am personally gutted and simply cannot understand all the animosity on here towards Cal. He never gave anything less than 100%, created lots, scored a hat full yet people here still moan and criticise him. Ever though we are partly responsible for his desire to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Your guess 78 is as good as mine. Can easily argued either way.

If Ruben wants the best footballing move and best financial package , him having a mardy and underperforming is not the way to go about it
    I don’t think he will have a mardy. Especially as he is free to speak to anyone from January. Then we might be stuck with the Wootton scenario.
    Personally I’d be happier to lose him for nothing next season if he helps us get promoted. That said would we still be eligible for compensation given how young he is?

He's over 24 so too old to get compo

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    He's over 24 so too old to get compo
    That ends that.

Definitely a good player in there somewhere, but we haven’t really seen that since the end of the 2020 season. Since then he’s obviously had his injuries, and sometimes has had a bit of petulant attitude when he has played. And the falling out with the coach last season.

If we’re getting 6 figures I reckon it’s a good deal, and hopefully we’ll put it to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    I am personally gutted and simply cannot understand all the animosity on here towards Cal. He never gave anything less than 100%, created lots, scored a hat full yet people here still moan and criticise him.
    Pretty much my thoughts. For me it's a huge disappointment that we have lost such a fantastic player at this level. I never once doubted Cal's application, anything that looked like petulance was simply frustration at his burning desire to win. If the figure of around 100K is anywhere near accurate, we have had our pants pulled down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts. For me it's a huge disappointment that we have lost such a fantastic player at this level. I never once doubted Cal's application, anything that looked like petulance was simply frustration at his burning desire to win. If the figure of around 100K is anywhere near accurate, we have had our pants pulled down.
    Let's hope we didn't get our pants pulled down and got a decent sum for him. Anyway I guess it's all academic now as he has officially gone. Good luck and best wishes Cal.

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast