+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    If we do sell it won’t be to anybody in this league
    Don't kid yourself. Money talks in football. Always has done.

Aside from selling a player to rivals, I’m not sure he’d fit into the ahem agricultural style of football that they like to play. What’s he going to be doing, getting his head on massively long throws?

You sign Rúben, you change your style. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You sign Rúben, you change your style. It's that simple.
    It depends whether he is more interested in the money or just playing football. Its a short career, so to some its an easy call..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It depends whether he is more interested in the money or just playing football. Its a short career, so to some its an easy call..
    I’d be absolutely shocked if we sold him to Wrexham. I think it would have to be a ridiculous offer for us to consider.

Can't see this happening for the reasons other people have mentioned. You don't sell your best player to a promotion rival.

I'd be gutted if he left for anyone, but if a team from L1 came in and offered him a massive step up, which he has definitely earned in my opinion, I'd understand the move, so long as we get decent money for him. I'd thank him for the memories and wish him well. But if he goes to Wrexham, it would leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth and give fans a stick to beat the owners with if we don't start the season well.

Again as others have said, the main reason I can't see him going there is their 'style' of football. Doubt he'd get 20+ goals in a long-ball team.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Unless they or any team meets the club's valuation of him he won't be going anywhere.

Barring injury he will play lots of football for Notts next season, and if he joins Wrexham or any other NL side he would play lots of football so it's a bit of a moot point.

If they are genuinely interested and make a big offer I wouldn't be surprised just look at his numbers, look at his production for Notts last season. Superb.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-06-2022 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Fixed typo for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Unless they or any team meets the club's valuation of him he won't be going anywhere.

Barring injury he will play lots of football for Notts next season, and if he joins Wrexham or any other NL side he would play lots of football so it's a bit of a moot point.

If they are genuinely interested and make a big offer I wouldn't be surprised just look at his numbers, look at his production for Notts last season. Superb.
    I think Notts should be looking to extend his contract. Pay him better, assuming he isn’t on a great contract. We could negotiate various release clauses - 250k release if Notts fail to be promoted. 500k otherwise. Protects Notts and Ruben.

I’m not certain Ruben would qualify for a work permit for another UK club if he left Notts.

Can't argue with that approach 78, would be great if we could.

Personally I'd trademark him immediately. I'd convert him into an NFT and sell proportions of him for mega bucks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast