+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ruben

If any player wants out and heart isn't in it, then I would want them out the club. If they don't want to play for Notts next season, go.

Last season Ruben's heart was clearly in it hence his perfomances and effort throughout, hence his fantastic return in terms of goals and assists. I have no reason to believe anything has changed in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It is very noble and supporter friendly to keep hold of a fan favourite and key player, but if that player wants away and does not have his heart in the club, Is it not the best idea to let him go and use the money on a hopefully lined up replacement.
    I hope Ruben is happy here and will give his best still, if we can turn down all offers. Having said that, if the club was offered silly money,(half again on top of the asking price) who would turn that down.
    Your last sentence is the model now adopted at Notts. As fans we have to accept that our better players will be sold if the price is right.
    I’m glad that Notts won’t sell to a team in the same league though.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-06-2022 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    How come Leigh Curtis is back on the case?
    I thought he was covering Derby.

Spot on laddo
    Any player that wants to leave then leave
    We Don’t need any more passengers
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-07-2022 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I suspect he got a bit of info from his contacts so wrote the story, doesn't look like Notts have a dedicated reporter any more

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    No offence to Leigh Curtis, but it doesn't take a lot of shoe leather to write most stories that populate our newspapers and websites these days - no original quotes, just regurgitation of what's already in the public domain (even down to the use of the Notts Stats website). In fairness, regional journalism is chronically underfunded. But half of the stories in the national media these days are cribbed from press releases or nothing issues on Twitter/Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    No offence to Leigh Curtis, but it doesn't take a lot of shoe leather to write most stories that populate our newspapers and websites these days - no original quotes, just regurgitation of what's already in the public domain (even down to the use of the Notts Stats website).
    I mean, who in their right mind would reference that site? I'm pretty sure he makes most of it up as he goes along!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    As fans we have to accept that our better players will be sold if the price is right.
    I’m glad that Notts won’t sell to a team in the same league though.
    It's a fact of life for clubs of our size, especially while we're at this relatively lowly level. The key is to get best value from them, whether it's playing for us or being sold to someone else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345