+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben

Ruben

Wrexham fans seem to be thinking they are in for him one said guesswork another replying to one that said they're in talks with players

I don't know if there's any truth in this or there just deluded although reading that thread I know which one I'd go for

If we do sell it won’t be to anybody in this league

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    If we do sell it won’t be to anybody in this league
    Would be the sensible thinking.

You'd think that but with the way they've been splashing that cash you'd be right to worry but I think Ruben is more than happy to stay and try take us back to the football league

Don’t think we’d have any interest in even talking to Wrexham. If he’s got a release clause and they meet it then there’s not a lot we can do, but otherwise I don’t think it’s one to worry about.

Higher division is a possibility, though. He’s obviously too good for our level so if someone in League One or above offered decent money then I wouldn’t begrudge him a move.

He's League One ability for sure.

Selling to Wrexham would be pure crazy and a sure-fire way to stay in this league, ain't gonna happen.......I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Selling to Wrexham would be pure crazy and a sure-fire way to stay in this league, ain't gonna happen.......I hope.
    To be honest, I think Wrexham's finances are such that they can have any player they want from our league and many from the two leagues above. Their extravagance will probably come back to haunt them somewhere down the line, but right now they're in 'We are Wrexham, we sign who we want' mode.

If it does happen it'll backfire on Notts as fans won't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    If it does happen it'll backfire on Notts as fans won't be happy.
    Agree, it'd be a shockingly uncompetitive thing to do.

Wrexham will survey their opposition for autos next season and identify Notts as their main threat and Ruben as the top reason why. Fix that and they fix the season ahead. It'd be unforgivable really.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-06-2022 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast