+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We'd get nowhere near £300k for him he only has one year on his contract.

We'd get around £100-150k tops but we'd never know as it would be "undisclosed" fee.

Hopefully he stays.
    You would in the financials a year later

I would not be upset if Roberts left for the asking price, as I feel we have one if not two replacements already, both looking to have a better attitude and defensive qualities as well.
    Ruben is a different kettle of fish, we certainly don't have a replacement, and remains to be seen if we have one lined up if anyone matches our asking price. It will be a sad day if Ruben does depart.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I would not be upset if Roberts left for the asking price, as I feel we have one if not two replacements already, both looking to have a better attitude and defensive qualities as well.
    Ruben is a different kettle of fish, we certainly don't have a replacement, and remains to be seen if we have one lined up if anyone matches our asking price. It will be a sad day if Ruben does depart.
    I think Cal gets a raw deal when it comes to attitude. Fans see him get frustrated and sometimes he picks up needless bookings as a result, but I think it’s more down to the treatment he gets from the opponents and his feeling that refs don’t offer him enough protection. I think he is right.
    I also think that selling him would be a mistake (unless the offer is too good to be true) as he is the only player who consistently tries to take players on, which is a rare commodity, and not easily replaced. We missed him in the Grimsby defeat when he went off.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think Cal gets a raw deal when it comes to attitude. Fans see him get frustrated and sometimes he picks up needless bookings as a result, but I think it’s more down to the treatment he gets from the opponents and his feeling that refs don’t offer him enough protection. I think he is right.
    I also think that selling him would be a mistake (unless the offer is too good to be true) as he is the only player who consistently tries to take players on, which is a rare commodity, and not easily replaced. We missed him in the Grimsby defeat when he went off.
    I would argue he’s our best player, I know how good Ruben is but when he’s is on it he’s virtually unplayable, he’s also had to play different positions which I don’t think he likes, he obviously wants to play wide. I think a lot of his frustration is at himself, I think when he hasn’t played as well is because he’s trying too hard, he will be a massive loss for us.

I sincerely hope Cal and Ruben both stay next season, because they are without question two of the best players in the National League, and we've now got some interesting new talent to add to that attacking threat.

Obviously money talks and if we get an offer we can't refuse then we will have to cash in and reinvest wisely, but these are not players we should sell willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Call me cynical but I should well imagine it will remain that way until about 17:15 on Monday!

I would never get rid of Ruben if we can help it, he's different class.

He is.

It still amazes me to this day that Leigh Curtis with all the Notts games he saw home and away didn't spot his class, his potential. As late as May last year he was claiming that our boy Ruben wasn't a good piece of recruitment, wasn't an upgrade to what we had before! We all get things wrong when it comes to players but this was so wrong it was insulting and embarrassing in equal measure.

Thankfully RR made him, his buddy Mace and a very small number on here eat their words.

It is very noble and supporter friendly to keep hold of a fan favourite and key player, but if that player wants away and does not have his heart in the club, Is it not the best idea to let him go and use the money on a hopefully lined up replacement.
    I hope Ruben is happy here and will give his best still, if we can turn down all offers. Having said that, if the club was offered silly money,(half again on top of the asking price) who would turn that down.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast