+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Offer made for Greg Olley should be a Notts player by the end of the week

I would be happy enough with Mussa as someone to develop and a different option, but probably not as our key midfield signing. That’s the one we absolutely have to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I would be happy enough with Mussa as someone to develop and a different option, but probably not as our key midfield signing. That’s the one we absolutely have to get right.
    We need an experienced pro who is just coming into his prime and who is able to boss the midfield and organise those around him. It is pointless signing a development player if we have any real intention of getting out of this league..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We need an experienced pro who is just coming into his prime and who is able to boss the midfield and organise those around him. It is pointless signing a development player if we have any real intention of getting out of this league..
    We've signed all players under 26 I think, five from a lower division. I think you're right and for balance we need at least one player who is late twenties, early thirties and experienced at this or a higher level like Palmer.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-06-2022 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

I agree with you but this will really test the recruitment people to get someone like that. Having said that, Yates wouldn't have had those credentials and he was ok.

That's what we need IMO but what's more likely a permanent signing or a loan signing ? Not an easy one to recruit but *****.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's what we need IMO but what's more likely a permanent signing or a loan signing ? Not an easy one to recruit but *****.
    As long as he can get us promoted out of this awful league that's all that matters....

As long as he can get us promoted out of this awful league that's all that matters....
    Captain obvious

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree with you but this will really test the recruitment people to get someone like that. Having said that, Yates wouldn't have had those credentials and he was ok.
    You're right about Yates but he although he came from the academy you could see he wasn't a typical academy style player.

His style of play, which is basically covering as much ground as possible, winning tackles and headers, and side-footing passes to someone more creative, is pretty rare to see in an academy product nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Captain obvious

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    You're right about Yates but he although he came from the academy you could see he wasn't a typical academy style player.

His style of play, which is basically covering as much ground as possible, winning tackles and headers, and side-footing passes to someone more creative, is pretty rare to see in an academy product nowadays.
    That's very true. Yates always reminded me of an old-school 90s box-to-box midfielder. The type of player perfectly suited to a flat 442. Pretty rare in this day and age, especially from a top academy like Forest's.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast