+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offer made for Greg Olley should be a Notts player by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I know of quite a few who are a little nervous about going for players ripping it up in a mainly semi professional league, I'm not the only one
    Can see the chit hitting the fan next season. Won't even be 10 games. They will need to hit the ground running from the off. Some may think the owners are here for the long term but we have seen how fans can turn when things don't go right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    One more signing from a league lower and I'm not renewing my season ticket. Gateshead were not going to jump into the EFL. One or two players sure but we actually need players from the current league and some from above also
    Oh Noooooooooooo!!!!! Say it ain't so CBP, say it ain't so???

In the owd days Scoop Curtis would probably run this as a story in the NEP.

Joking aside I strongly suspect the likely fall on season ticket sales at Notts and throughout football will be down to the increased inflation and cost of living rather than who we sign or don't sign.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Can see the chit hitting the fan next season. Won't even be 10 games. They will need to hit the ground running from the off. Some may think the owners are here for the long term but we have seen how fans can turn when things don't go right.
    I think that would say more about our fans than the owners!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I know you haven't been a fan but surely Pete you are doubting the owners ambitions a little less than you were after the transfer activity in June?

I like the fact we are signing the best of the league below and their young and hungry but it’s not without risk. I would really like us to sign a more senior cm who’s a leader, I think we need it in order to galvanise the team.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I like the fact we are signing the best of the league below and their young and hungry but it’s not without risk. I would really like us to sign a more senior cm who’s a leader, I think we need it in order to galvanise the team.
    My thoughts exactly m_m. I'm a big fan of balance and as you say we've signed young promising hungry but untested at this level players. One impressive older hand with the right characteristics especially in CM would be very pleasing to see.

If we don't improve CM it will signing limit our chances IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Oh Noooooooooooo!!!!! Say it ain't so CBP, say it ain't so???

In the owd days Scoop Curtis would probably run this as a story in the NEP.

Joking aside I strongly suspect the likely fall on season ticket sales at Notts and throughout football will be down to the increased inflation and cost of living rather than who we sign or don't sign.
    Mansfield have sold over 3600, that's a significant increase on previous seasons and far more than we have sold...Aston Villa have 25,000 on a waiting list for season tickets. So your theory on season ticket sales is not entirely correct..

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    This^^^

Well it hasnt been an issue for Peterborough signing young hungry players.

If we sign from higher leagues they will either be players on the slide or a young player ....at least these lads have played mens football.

Yes it is a risk but so would signing a player from higher up too players may not settle etc.

Id rather we took this approach then sign the likes of Ben Burgervan and Enoch again.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Well it hasnt been an issue for Peterborough signing young hungry players.

If we sign from higher leagues they will either be players on the slide or a young player ....at least these lads have played mens football.

Yes it is a risk but so would signing a player from higher up too players may not settle etc.

Id rather we took this approach then sign the likes of Ben Burgervan and Enoch again.
    I totally agree, but we also need some experienced players in the team to guide these younger players along...For that reason i would keep Rawlinson and O'Brien...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast