+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Offer made for Greg Olley should be a Notts player by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Forward, possibly. I do think folk are writing Mitchell off too quickly.
    That's because we have seen him play 🤣

I'm not convinced we need another forward except maybe as cover. Langstaff and Scott managed 54 goals between them last season and the third striker, Blackett got 10 goals and is of a similar height and build to Langstaff. Will all come down to how LW wants to play and reading behind the lines he wants to press high and earn quick turnover of the ball higher up the pitch. For that you need forwards and attacking midfielders with pace and high levels of energy.

Would agree with another CM, preferably with a bit more experience and not afraid to put a foot in. That said, if Bajrami is played as a CDM with Palmer and a n other just in front of him that problem is already solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I'm not convinced we need another forward except maybe as cover. Langstaff and Scott managed 54 goals between them last season and the third striker, Blackett got 10 goals and is of a similar height and build to Langstaff. Will all come down to how LW wants to play and reading behind the lines he wants to press high and earn quick turnover of the ball higher up the pitch. For that you need forwards and attacking midfielders with pace and high levels of energy.

Would agree with another CM, preferably with a bit more experience and not afraid to put a foot in. That said, if Bajrami is played as a CDM with Palmer and a n other just in front of him that problem is already solved.
    This is the sensible approach

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    That's because we have seen him play 🤣
    Hilarious.

Prior to last season, in fact during last season, Sam was ridiculed. Now we have folk suggesting he was unfairly treated and deserved more game time.

Further afield, Paul Mullin. Prior to his 20/21 season with Cambridge his scoring record is uninspiring.

Mitchell as the physical attributes and is clearly putting the work in this close season.

So, just maybe, let’s see how goes in preseason before writing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    One more signing from a league lower and I'm not renewing my season ticket. Gateshead were not going to jump into the EFL. One or two players sure but we actually need players from the current league and some from above also
    This is where i laugh.

We dont want young and hungry guys from the league below, but apparently we dont want folk who didnt make it in Champ/L1.......who are we expecting to sign? I dont think Harry Kane will want to wear stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    This is where i laugh.

We dont want young and hungry guys from the league below, but apparently we dont want folk who didnt make it in Champ/L1.......who are we expecting to sign? I dont think Harry Kane will want to wear stripes.
    Worth a look ?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    This is where i laugh.

You can sign players from the same league or above that have made it... Here is the part where I laugh, you obviously don't rate Palmer then 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You can sign players from the same league or above that have made it... Here is the part where I laugh, you obviously don't rate Palmer then 🤣
    If your playing in a league above and have ‘made it’, are you likely to drop down unless you’re offered a ridiculous amount of money? Palmer is probably one of top earners, worth every penny, but you can’t have 11 at the level.

I think we’ve got just about the right mix. The CM is the obvious spot/gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    If your playing in a league above and have ‘made it’, are you likely to drop down unless you’re offered a ridiculous amount of money? Palmer is probably one of top earners, worth every penny, but you can’t have 11 at the level.

I think we’ve got just about the right mix. The CM is the obvious spot/gap.
    I'm not saying all need to be, but pretty much every player we have signed so far have come from the league below and are totally unproven at this level. We need a mix and quite frankly, I don't see that mix, and remember we will need these players to also be league 2 standard also if we go up!

Just remember that these players are playing teams week in week out that are similar or worse than the likes of Dover, Kings Lynn etc. 54 goals against those sides to me doesn't strike as so impressive than say Wrexham who have the likes of Mullin or Stockport who had Madden who have shown they can do it at a higher level.

I don't agree with a lot of his concerns regarding signings and the mix in the current squad but there is no denying CBP is on fire at present. Great to see good Notts debate without the needless fluff.

With about a dozen players who have got good experience and played a good amount of games at this level retained from last season we have the experience. Surely that's the other side of the same coin to the inexperienced unproven signings for this level?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast