+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup-I cannot wait!

FIFA World Cup-I cannot wait!

Qatar spokesman for World Cup:
    "Anyone who raises the LGBTQ flag at the World Cup will be arrested for 7 or 11 years, we are in an Islamic country, we must respect our religion, beliefs and culture."

Oh dear.I wonder if that includes the rainbow armbands all the players wear?

I read somewhere the Arabs will chop the standing leg off anyone who takes the knee.

Sinkov has alluded to this nonsense previously, if the Southgate adherents are so concerned about Human Rights, what the f*ck are they doing going to Qatar?

All virtue signalling.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Qatar spokesman for World Cup:
    "Anyone who raises the LGBTQ flag at the World Cup will be arrested for 7 or 11 years, we are in an Islamic country, we must respect our religion, beliefs and culture."

Oh dear.I wonder if that includes the rainbow armbands all the players wear?
    I love to ponder the little anomalies, 7 or 11 years, what gets you what ? Does it depend on how high you raise the flag ?

Good on the towel-heads though, if you don't like their rules, laws, religion, beliefs or culture, then don't go. These Qataris aren't playing at it, our woke footballers and manager would be well advised to back off, keep their heads down and mouths shut for the duration, or it could get quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I read somewhere the Arabs will chop the standing leg off anyone who takes the knee.

Sinkov has alluded to this nonsense previously, if the Southgate adherents are so concerned about Human Rights, what the f*ck are they doing going to Qatar?
    I am sure our gallant boys will have been fully versed on how to deal with those awkward questions about human rights, modern slavery and homophobia. Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I am sure our gallant boys will have been fully versed on how to deal with those awkward questions about human rights, modern slavery and homophobia. Or maybe not.
    They are arrogant, patronising tw@ts though Outwood, they've had a couple of attempts to educate the Hungarians, maybe they'll try to educate the Qataris as well. I hope they do, I'll be intrigued to see the results.

What do the Qataris think of bribery & corruption and brown envelopes?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    What do the Qataris think of bribery & corruption and brown envelopes?
    I think that comes under the heading of 'our culture' in Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think that comes under the heading of 'our culture' in Qatar.
    Lol! Ask our very own Bonnie Prince Charlie, he will be able to give you chapter & verse...Attachment 22029

Maybe we should take a lead from them and start chopping hands and feet off for robbers,shoplifters ( not shirtlifters) and muggers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)