+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Perhaps someone needs to explain to the club how this bidding thing works.
    Oh they know alright, just don't have the spine and a pair to actually do the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    40 with gallagher thrown in would be a good deal.

He's better than Rodrigo or James who both went for 25+

I'd almost trade Gallagher straight up for raph. He was outstanding last year.
    We won't get Gallagher. If Raph does go there, you think Chelsea will want to let Gallagher go? Just like the other point about getting players we have to Google, we only get those that clubs want rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Looking okayish so far

Meslier
    Klaessen

The Beast Koch Cooper Firpo
    Drameh. Llorente Struijk. Hjelde

Roco. Foreshaw
    Bate ???

Aaronssen Rodrigo
    Klich Harrison

Bamford. Gelhardt
    Greenwood James

Backup - Summerville Poveda Gray Shackleton

Not included Raph as surely he goes or the long term injured or those we think will also go.

Getting close to having two decent options in most positions.
    Looks like at least one more midfielder and a ST will come in.

Area of concern LB.
    Squad looks thin on class and raw talent without Phillips and Raphinha. I predicted Raphinha and Rodrigo would go. Thought Phillips would stay. instead Phillips is going but not heard any rumours about rodrigo. We need more strike power for us to stay up. In our 1st season up, Dallas got a few good goals, which he unfortunately could not, last season. Of course Bamford only playing 9 games didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Squad looks thin on class and raw talent without Phillips and Raphinha. I predicted Raphinha and Rodrigo would go. Thought Phillips would stay. instead Phillips is going but not heard any rumours about rodrigo. We need more strike power for us to stay up. In our 1st season up, Dallas got a few good goals, which he unfortunately could not, last season. Of course Bamford only playing 9 games didn't help.
    No-one will come knocking for Rodrigo. 57 games over two seasons and 13 goals (Including (I think) the one that was a cross from Raphina that didn't quite connect but was claimed!), from a player who "plays as a striker", bought for £27m, market value now £10.8m. Another Roberts/Costa/Casilla, paid a lot, worth next to **** all.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No-one will come knocking for Rodrigo. 57 games over two seasons and 13 goals (Including (I think) the one that was a cross from Raphina that didn't quite connect but was claimed!), from a player who "plays as a striker", bought for £27m, market value now £10.8m. Another Roberts/Costa/Casilla, paid a lot, worth next to **** all.
    Can't argue with those mentioned as being wasted money...but has anyone actually gone through the exercise of listing the other PL clubs and how many deflated valued players each have listed or sold in the last couple of seasons? Surely we aren't the only ones buying duds are we? Or is our ratio higher than all the other clubs? 😮

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Can't argue with those mentioned as being wasted money...but has anyone actually gone through the exercise of listing the other PL clubs and how many deflated valued players each have listed or sold in the last couple of seasons? Surely we aren't the only ones buying duds are we? Or is our ratio higher than all the other clubs? ��
    I'm pretty sure that there will be others (the likes of Citeh scooping up loads of players they consider potential threats that never materialise etc), but I think we are probably quite "special" in "rewarding" some players (certainly the three I mentioned) with extended contracts on enhanced terms (Roberts/Costa) and/or stupendously well paid for doing not very much (Casilla), or risking £m's on a player who played almost never (JKA). There are others, but everyone groans when I start to list them!

As interested in who leaves as to who else we sign. Accumulating a lot I. The departure lounge area

Costa
    Casilla
    Bogusz
    Jenkins
    Shackleton?
    Poveda?
    Robert’s?
    Davis
    Summerville?
    Rodrigo?
    Llorente? To make way for the younger players albeit I like him
    Drameh?
    Klich?
    Harrison - Newcastle lurking
    Various others out on loan who came back

Players who may step up this year

Greenwood
    Bate
    Hjelde (stand in LB?)
    Summerville (if he signs a new contract and isn’t sold)
    McGurk?
    McInstry?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    As interested in who leaves as to who else we sign. Accumulating a lot I. The departure lounge area

Costa
    Casilla
    Bogusz
    Jenkins
    Shackleton?
    Poveda?
    Robert’s?
    Davis
    Summerville?
    Rodrigo?
    Llorente? To make way for the younger players albeit I like him
    Drameh?
    Klich?
    Harrison - Newcastle lurking
    Various others out on loan who came back

Players who may step up this year

Greenwood
    Bate
    Hjelde (stand in LB?)
    Summerville (if he signs a new contract and isn’t sold)
    McGurk?
    McInstry?
    Of those you have for departure, I'd like to see Summerville (you have him in both lists?) and Drameh stay (no matter how much Drameh has put some noses out of joint, he wants to play 1st team footballs and has shown he is good enough to do so (compared to some of our 1st teamers I mean!)). We should tell Newcastle to f00k off and keep Harrison, and the same for Cresswell (not listed) who needs to given 1st team minutes with LUFC, he is good enough.

I know we haven't even kicked a ball in training yet but a fiver on us being relegated looks pretty easy.

we can't seem offload any of the deadwood

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I know we haven't even kicked a ball in training yet but a fiver on us being relegated looks pretty easy.

we can't seem offload any of the deadwood
    Are you surprised? Looking at the genuine deadwood (taking HO's list as a starting point), would you spend good money on these;

Costa
    Casilla
    Bogusz
    Roberts
    Rodrigo
    Llorente

So of those HO listed, around 50% simply aren't saleable, and have contracts that mean they are on easy street for a considerable period of time if they want to just sit around doing nothing (some of them are already in the habit!)

I've taken out some names (Like Poveda, Shackleton etc) as they have played in the 1st team, haven't disgraced themselves and perhaps could be developed, especially as replacements for other more regular 1st teamers at times of cup games etc)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)