+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Orta says we overspent last season

Orta says we overspent last season

Victor Orta admitted that the club has been forced to sell Kalvin Phillips after overspending in previous seasons. The Whites survived on the final day of the Premier League season but could lose two of their biggest stars with Raphinha the subject of a reported bid from Chelsea.

Full story here: https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...iteds-24382166

I find it difficult to see how we have "overspent" when you look at what we brought in and the relatively tiny size of our squad. I suppose we have wasted wages on the likes of Costa, Casilla and Roberts but even so. Not sure what the effect of the Augustine shambles is but presumably that will be a net outgoing.

Biggest load of crap I've ever heard, if true he can only blame himself, look at the rubbish we acquired....firpo, rodrigo, Costa, Roberts, I know Roberts and Costa were previous, but clear them out and keep Philip's, where is the supposed premiership millions we are meant to have.

Bullsh1t!

So we've got sell Phillips because we bought Dan James and Junior Firpo?

Great, good job fellas, really good work.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Victor Orta admitted that the club has been forced to sell Kalvin Phillips after overspending in previous seasons. The Whites survived on the final day of the Premier League season but could lose two of their biggest stars with Raphinha the subject of a reported bid from Chelsea.

I find it difficult to see how we have "overspent" when you look at what we brought in and the relatively tiny size of our squad. I suppose we have wasted wages on the likes of Costa, Casilla and Roberts but even so. Not sure what the effect of the Augustine shambles is but presumably that will be a net outgoing.
    So, at last, from the man himself, the genius who was (supposedly) responsible for bringing Bielsa to Leeds, we have an admission that he, the man responsible for the commercial framework that underpins EVERY transfer, is incompetent insofar as the one thing he is supposed to be good at, spending LUFC funds wisely when investing in the playing squad.

Well at least, somewhat belatedly, we have honesty. The admission wouldn't be so painful were it not for the pile of sh1te he has bestowed upon the club, with one or two gems shining like blinding lights amongst the brown sludge that represents the vast majority of his "investments".

He was sh1te at Boro' and at least they had the gumption to sack him and Karanka, pity that Radrizzani is too naive to spot when he's having the wool pulled over his eyes.

We've overspent, on what exactly? If he had any integrity he'd resign, and save the club a redundant DoF salary.

They are taking the piss and making themselves very wealthy on the back of LUFC.
    They are selling KP and Raph for 2 reasons.
    Mainly they want the fees received to spend on incomings. So they either make more profit or it costs them nothing to sign players.

Secondly the players want to leave because although we are a great club realistically we are garbage on the pitch compared to the club's KP and Raph are going to. So they win trophies and don't have work as hard without the ball.

Prudence with finances is fine but if you want to run a big premier League club these days then investing lots of cash is expected.....unless it's us...

Also looking for bargains is ok when it works but all of these players from Austria and the like have a lot of adapting to do. Other clubs buy proven quality most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post

And now maybe some may understand why KP went to City - he had to - no extended contract offered, no noises trying to persuade him to stay, so who can blame the lad.
    Said it four weeks ago that Kalvin and Rapha where going to get £100 million into the coffers so that they wouldn't have to spend any of their own or the TV money which will all go into their pockets.

weve spent about the same as weve recouped from the sale of Phillips so far, will have to wait and see how much more we spend - will depend on what we get for Rapha IMO

ound of post season justification for not supporting man in progress …..

I guess they probably spent about 45 to 50m with James, Firpo, Klassen, Bate etc but out of TV revenue of 170m, gate receipts must have been good and we sold a lot of merchandise.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)