+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now is the time for independence

Now is the time for independence

19th October 2023, the day we'll get our freedom at last.

It's also a terrible date, wife's already using it as an excuse to make sure I can't forget our wedding anniversary.

Mon the First minister

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    19th October 2023, the day we'll get our freedom at last.

It's also a terrible date, wife's already using it as an excuse to make sure I can't forget our wedding anniversary.
    And two years after that it will be bankrupt day for Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    And two years after that it will be bankrupt day for Scotland.
    SNP baaaaaad!!!!!!

I’d be very surprised if they get a majority, it will be the day civil war breaks out in this country, friends and families will be split, it’s sad what these freaks actually want for this country

It might all disappear if the courts decide not to accept the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’d be very surprised if they get a majority, it will be the day civil war breaks out in this country, friends and families will be split, it’s sad what these freaks actually want for this country
    Regardless of what the result I would never split fae my family or pals.I agree the snp are not the best these days but would you consider independance if it was a view backed by Scottish labour?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Regardless of what the result I would never split fae my family or pals.I agree the snp are not the best these days but would you consider independance if it was a view backed by Scottish labour?
    Eric, I believe this country would be crippled with independence, the 25% lucky enough to be in full time employment would see there taxes raised, we’d be worse off, they claim you’d get a bigger pension, but not at what age, again you need tax payers to fund it, they claim they’ll get the tax from North Sea oil, but have already agreed with the Greens to cut back drilling,
    There would have to be a hard border between us and England if we go back in the EU, weekends away won’t be the same, plenty jobs will be at risk, and you’ll have to wear a mask and a kilt everyday,
    I personally don’t want or believe independence would be good for us

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    If Scotland became an independent country the SNP party would cease to exist and their voters would return to voting for the other political parties in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Eric, I believe this country would be crippled with independence, the 25% lucky enough to be in full time employment would see there taxes raised, we’d be worse off, they claim you’d get a bigger pension, but not at what age, again you need tax payers to fund it, they claim they’ll get the tax from North Sea oil, but have already agreed with the Greens to cut back drilling,
    There would have to be a hard border between us and England if we go back in the EU, weekends away won’t be the same, plenty jobs will be at risk, and you’ll have to wear a mask and a kilt everyday,
    I personally don’t want or believe independence would be good for us
    The brickies would be busy building a huge wall along the Scotland border with England to stop illegal immigrants to Scotland trying to reach their promised land of England.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)