+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Guilty Musical Pleasures

I would say there's nothing to feel guilty about with Gary Numan,ABBA on the other hand !

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The War of The Worlds

Erasure

Kenny Rogers
    In 1978 I bought the War of the Worlds Album.I used to play it late at night in front of a open coal fire sat in a rocking chair with the lights off & ear phones on, bottle of port down by my side.Listening on my technics sl with the fire flickering in the dark.Great Album.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I would say there's nothing to feel guilty about with Gary Numan,ABBA on the other hand !
    I know, I know, heard it all before. But songs like Knowing Me, Knowing You, SOS, Mamma Mia, Eagle, Take a Chance on me, Summer Night City, Chiquitita, Fernando etc more than make up for their duds, and even I can't stand Thank you for the music and I Have a Bloody Dream

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I know, I know, heard it all before. But songs like Knowing Me, Knowing You, SOS, Mamma Mia, Eagle, Take a Chance on me, Summer Night City, Chiquitita, Fernando etc more than make up for their duds, and even I can't stand Thank you for the music and I Have a Bloody Dream
    Funny nobody admits to ABBA but we all know the words.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Funny nobody admits to ABBA but we all know the words.
    Yes, about the same as how many people know the words to “Twinkle twinkle little star”

Brainwashing by repetition

It's clear that some people have a superiority complex when it comes to music.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Good point

When I’m playing my stuff Mrs G usually chimes up with “ what’s that ****”

Brassed Off

Orange Juice

https://youtu.be/zo8hIc7DpuE

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yep,my wife calls me a musical snob.

Track called "Salad Days" on Procol Harum's first album.

Gets me every time.

So does Judee Sill's "The Kiss" (especially the live performance on The Old Grey Whistle Test where she looks like a librarian...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12