+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 out of the Ist 5 games moved

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4 out of the Ist 5 games moved

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport...firmed-3748445
    Ist home game v Watford now on a Monday night same week on a Thursday we have the cup game with Sheff united, which means Blackburn away is shifted to a Sunday.
    A mate of mine hasn't renewed his season ticket due to the number of midweek games.

I haven't renewed mine mostly because I didn't enjoy any night games last season.
    They're just a pain in the ass.

We (me and ‘SWMBO’) have renewed, but were disappointed last season with the number of Saturday fixtures that were moved. Evening KOs, particularly in the winter, are not attractive to us. Let’s hope that common sense will prevail as the season progresses!

Absolutely disgusting! I was looking to going to Blackburn but won’t on a Sunday now as that’s a family day!

This is driving supporters away!!

A season ticket gets you what for the season exactly?
    Is there no claw back if a certain amount of games are moved? So they get extra TV money and they get the ticket sales!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    A season ticket gets you what for the season exactly?
    Is there no claw back if a certain amount of games are moved? So they get extra TV money and they get the ticket sales!!

Tell Sky - Zohore - Robinson - Livermore - Phillips - Bartley and Furlong are all starting! Sky will then f uck off and choose another match 😭

For all you blaming Sky for once not there fault. The Commonwealth games to blame as the don’t finish until the Sunday, they didnt want Football and the games in competition as there are some finals being played at Smethwick baths.
    Personally I prefer Saturday games but can’t see the point in moaning it’s been like this for years and won’t change a lot.

I read that it was the police that wanted our first home matches moved to avoid a clash with the Commonwealth Games as they didn’t believe that they were capable of policing two events at the same time! That doesn’t absolve Sky from criticism for moving matches from Saturday afternoon, they did it (to us) excessively last season and no doubt will be at it again this time around. There is every point in moaning about it because it is wrong; if matches have to be moved to satisfy the tv couch potatoes then it should be evened out, the same number for every club in the league. It won’t happen, of course, because Sky don’t give a damn about supporters that actually go to matches. I would love to see some protests that blocked the Sky TV vans from accessing the grounds, that would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by wba13 View Post
    For all you blaming Sky for once not there fault. The Commonwealth games to blame as the don’t finish until the Sunday, they didnt want Football and the games in competition as there are some finals being played at Smethwick baths.
    Personally I prefer Saturday games but can’t see the point in moaning it’s been like this for years and won’t change a lot.

Not moaning as was looking forward to going to Blackburn on a Saturday. Like many family come first on a Sunday so f uck the football and my cash will be spent elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport...firmed-3748445
    Ist home game v Watford now on a Monday night same week on a Thursday we have the cup game with Sheff united, which means Blackburn away is shifted to a Sunday.
    A mate of mine hasn't renewed his season ticket due to the number of midweek games.
    I understand when buying a season ticket that some games are going to be moved for tv, and I can't make night games. But last year I must have missed half the season.

Anyway, I've still renewed but this is an ominous start. So it looks like I won't be at the first two home games of the season then!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)