+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hourihane maybe, yes or no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yep …. out of those mentioned it’s got to be a Matty James type.
    Experience - but still has legs.
    Not sure you even need the legs Nudger, Scott Parker came with Fulham the other season & never got out of the centre circle but completely ran the show , its the experience & leadership qualities what are key although legs do help

Am sure a read sumweear that Hourihane had in mind becoming a coach in two or three years.

A package could be developed whereby Hourihane does his badges here whilst playing and taking a role in coaching under Duff. He is worth two squad player wages plus a coach wage combined together.

We gain a quality, experienced midfield player, a captain and a penalty taker. The young lads would learn a lot from him, including some of the dark arts needed to flourish in the Third Division.

It's a yes from me.

Am sure a read sumweear that Hourihane had in mind becoming a coach in two or three years.

A package could be developed whereby Hourihane does his badges here whilst playing and taking a role in coaching under Duff. He is worth two squad player wages plus a coach wage combined together.

We gain a quality, experienced midfield player, a captain and a penalty taker. The young lads would learn a lot from him, including some of the dark arts needed to flourish in the Third Division.

It's a yes from me.

(the post was so good a seddit twice. )
    Dunt know how that happened.

Fred Elliot returns.

Where's aar Ashley?, ah sed where's aar Ashley? Iz darn the pub with R Kelly.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-07-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To be honest Gary Jones did not have the best of times with us & I know Perkins was popular because of his work rate I thought he was more akin to a headless chicken, I would much prefer a Matty James or a Conner Hourihane who have got the t shirt at a higher level & can bring organisation & experience to our younger players .
    Yes I agree Gary Jones was poor when with us. However, thaz got to bear in mind that he was a young player back then moving up 2 divisions. I was referring to the time later on in his career when he captained Bradford to promotion and the League Cup Final. He was awesome and a great leader for Bradford over that period.

Also you have to appreciate which division we currently occupy and our finances. As much as I would welcome your suggested players with open arms, there's not a prayer we could afford either Matty James or Hourihanes demands for wages, nor would they want to laik in the 3rd division. The alternative and realistic option is somebody who is more akin to the players I mentioned in my previous post. I'm sure our new head coach may have a few suggestions having managed in these leagues.

Sky Sports:
    Derby sign Hourihane on a free
    And now we have the confirmation that Derby have signed Conor Hourihane following his release by Aston Villa last month.
    The Republic of Ireland international has signed a two-year deal at Pride Park.
    As the signed was announced on the club's official website, the Rams said they were "able to beat off strong competition to secure his services."
    Hourihane made 31 appearances in all competitions during a loan spell with Sheffield United last term.

Derby have also signed James Chester from Stoke and David McGoldrick from Blunts.

Looks like a club aiming for a quick return to the championship.

Conor will sort them out
    ooooh coner coner

Ah well, that's the Hourihane dream gone.

Thanks to The Arseoyle leaving us skint and with a EFL Covid loan to pay back we are fishing in a different pond--

Searle GK 21 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at Swansea

McCarthy CB 24 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at St Mirren

Cundy CB 25 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at Bristol City

Connell CM 21 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Ah well, that's the Hourihane dream gone.

Thanks to The Arseoyle leaving us skint and with a EFL Covid loan to pay back we are fishing in a different pond--

Searle GK 21 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at Swansea

McCarthy CB 24 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at St Mirren

Cundy CB 25 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at Bristol City

Connell CM 21 yrs old free transfer at end of contract at Celtic
    All of whom have youth on their side - and can actually run.
    Which is contrary to the Derby signings - who clearly don’t use the stats system but rely on the old fashioned ‘reputation’ system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast