+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hourihane maybe, yes or no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    All of whom have youth on their side - and can actually run.
    Which is contrary to the Derby signings - who clearly don’t use the stats system but rely on the old fashioned ‘reputation’ system.
    Headless chickens can run (and weve had plenty of them) but can they control a game, share vast experience and perform adequately at our level?

All of whom have youth on their side - and can actually run.
    I believe it wo Lindisfarne that wrote 'run fo home, run as fast as I can, oh running man, running for home'

Personally I never felt that we were in with a shout of signing Hourihane but we do need a old head who can conduct the orchestra, even one who can't run.

Hourihane was never going to come here, not this summer anyway. We surely can't afford the wages he'll be expecting.
    And its disgraceful that after all what they have done and been through, Derby are now splashing the cash again like theres no tomorrow. 👎

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I believe it wo Lindisfarne that wrote 'run fo home, run as fast as I can, oh running man, running for home'

Personally I never felt that we were in with a shout of signing Hourihane but we do need a old head who can conduct the orchestra, even one who can't run.
    I can do that.
    But seriously - we do need an older leader in midfield - but it’s important that they can get around the field.
    A type like Matty James from last season would be great.
    I’m sure we will get one.

Like thi old mate Molby ,,,,,,,,,,

I can do that.
    But seriously - we do need an older leader in midfield - but it’s important that they can get around the field.
    A type like Matty James from last season would be great.
    I’m sure we will get one.
    The key with older midfield players is that they know when to make their runs. They pick and choose when to move forward or hold back, summat tha can't really teach kids. Paul Scholes was a classic example of this in the modern era. As he passed 30 years of age his stamina lessened and he changed his game to a more defensive mindset only going forward at opportune times when he saw fit. In the older era Dave Mackay did the same when Cloughie signed him at Derby.

In our case tha can let 9 other young uns ont pitch press or run abart while thi experienced laiker uses his loaf and dictates play. I don't think it's a necessity to have 10 outfield players 'at it' although some folk may beg to differ.

If Connor had joined us today for the new season, I would have sang a chorus or two of Gilligan's pony in The Mount pub. 😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123