+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hourihane maybe, yes or no ?

Hourihane maybe, yes or no ?

Lots of debate surrounding the potential of this player coming back.
    Great player for us - but he’s been around the block too many times - still got a great left foot but IMO he’s too slow.
    Probably going to be out voted on this - but it would be a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Lots of debate surrounding the potential of this player coming back.
    Great player for us - but he’s been around the block too many times - still got a great left foot but IMO he’s too slow.
    Probably going to be out voted on this - but it would be a no from me.
    Plenty players lose pace wen you've got the ability so it's a yes frm me.

Yes as a experienced leader. No for his sake

After listening to Connor McCarthy recently, I thought surely thats Hourihane in disguise lol.
    How could we even afford his wages though, if he were tempted to come back for a full season for example. We need to offload the high earners remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    After listening to Connor McCarthy recently, I thought surely thats Hourihane in disguise lol.
    How could we even afford his wages though, if he were tempted to come back for a full season for example. We need to offload the high earners remember.
    I would imagine that when a player gets to a certain stage in their career they know they can’t demand top dollar.
    Plus - he’s got an affection for the club.

Huddersfield , Derby and Luton now reportedly after Hourihane , 🙉

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Huddersfield , Derby and Luton now reportedly after Hourihane , 🙉
    I think we are probably two years away from seeing any hope of Hourihane returning if ever at all .

He's only 31 after all and still capable of playing championship football which rules us out and the small matter of us not capable of offering a package that would attract him back to play in league one .

Whilst he's capable of earning north of £12k a week minimum in the championship that completely rules us out .

Considering our circumstances it was a daft suggestion anyway wasn't it. Plenty of experienced lower league players. We just need to find the right one. A Gary Jones or David Perkins type would do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Considering our circumstances it was a daft suggestion anyway wasn't it. Plenty of experienced lower league players. We just need to find the right one. A Gary Jones or David Perkins type would do for me.
    To be honest Gary Jones did not have the best of times with us & I know Perkins was popular because of his work rate I thought he was more akin to a headless chicken, I would much prefer a Matty James or a Conner Hourihane who have got the t shirt at a higher level & can bring organisation & experience to our younger players .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To be honest Gary Jones did not have the best of times with us & I know Perkins was popular because of his work rate I thought he was more akin to a headless chicken, I would much prefer a Matty James or a Conner Hourihane who have got the t shirt at a higher level & can bring organisation & experience to our younger players .
    Yep …. out of those mentioned it’s got to be a Matty James type.
    Experience - but still has legs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast