+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa Park plans taking shape

Villa Park plans taking shape

Plans taking shape for the next gen Aston Villa.
    https://www.birminghamworld.uk/news/...-space-3748144

The drawings certainly give the place a more modern feel whilst at the same time retaining the character of VP with it's red brick facade, some on Twitter are concerned about the atmosphere dissipating if we get a load of tourists. I think they have a point but the vision of the club sees supporters as customers with a monetised value rather than how you or I would describe a fan.

With ticket price hikes, the very high cost of the new range of training clobber and the redevelopment plans, the crowd will have a very different feel to what has gone before.

All very impressive, bit of co-operation with the council, regarding transport links, and it'll surely be a fantastic project.

As for the clobber? It has always been too 'ouch' for me personally. Young Villan soon to be 14, will have to sort himself out, he's loaded anyway. I have half a dozen 'retro' shirts to keep me happy.

Our trips over, in and out in a day (19hr day), cost me nigh on £350, not incl Merch. How much now? Do planes still take off? Add a small mortgage and a lifetime on the motorways, for the ferry.

Change isn't always good.

Prices are based on one Adult paying for 2.

I agree change sometimes is not good, especially changing for the sake of changing but in the new era of football fan, we definately need a new stand, concorse area is dangerously small, seating although the view is good, are weigh too tight, come to think of it the Witton lane stand is not much better!

Agree on both accounts. The Old Witton Lane Stand was haunted.

Cursed?

Nah, not cursed, curses are for the afflicted, those who evict Gypsies off their home sod. Then write tall stories of said Gypsies, ruling the underworld of Britain.

It’s something to do with when they removed the cycle track from VP. Me Nan reckoned that her Dad told her that you could hear the whirling of cycle wheels, whistling through the rafters of the old Barrel-shaped roof. The noise apparently belonged to an old champion cyclist from Aston, who cheerfully ‘re-lived’ former glories.

Now, me Nan liked a ‘drop’ in her tea, but her stories of the other kinds of spirits around Aston (especially Aston Parish Church), kept us kids captivated.

Great story, love the old ones best.

So it's not just an expansion but a redevelopment of the area. 30mill new Witton train station...! Monorail over the canal to Moore Street...! More trains....! And box park to entice fans down for food and beer to exclusively watch the away games....! Wow just wow, our owners are just brilliant, they are really going to town on this and not just adding seats for an extra buck, plans have been welcomed by Andy Street and expected to be completed by 2025. I'm hearing after the corner of the trinity is designed in to the new North stand, phase four will see the same at the new north to the Witton lane stand....OMG it's happening guys and girls, our club is going for it big time and for good reason. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)