+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack race

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Does it count if the season hasn't started yet? 😂
    Unbelievable. Before ball is kicked in the League Graham Alexander steps forward from Number 4 to take the Sack Race.

If the supercomputer had read the Motherwell fan boards in the close season it would probably have had him at number one. Just shows that computers are fallible.

Once his replacement is announced I'll post a new list but Lee Johnson is likely to move up a place or two 😄

Wonder if anyone who contributed to this thread up to three weeks ago would have thought there would be folk calling for Ross’s head already. Fwiw my tuppence worth is that he should go now.

I would call for it. He should never have been appointed but as he was I supported the decision. But now act before its too late.

If Ross does go, who next? Presumably Liam Fox will be there in a caretaker capacity! My biggest worry is that if MO, decides this isn’t for him as a business!

If Jack Ross does go there is only one man for the job. A man who's worked wonders on a shoestring budget and is also United minded.

Billy Dodds.

Far too early to be talking about sacking. Ross is trying to change the way we play, a system that was far too defensive and lacking in creativity, something most of us agreed was like watching paint dry. It take time to change the style of play and the players to adjust. In his interview after the game Ross hinted at going back in the short term to a more conservative style which is a shame but maybe real politick. The players need to take a share of the blame here.

I'd rather watch paint dry than us just now. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'd rather watch paint dry than us just now. ☹️

That's what it looks like we might get now. No one thinks the last 2 weeks are acceptable but long term we want to see better football than has been served up the past few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Far too early to be talking about sacking. Ross is trying to change the way we play, a system that was far too defensive and lacking in creativity, something most of us agreed was like watching paint dry. It take time to change the style of play and the players to adjust. In his interview after the game Ross hinted at going back in the short term to a more conservative style which is a shame but maybe real politick. The players need to take a share of the blame here.
    Totally agree with this.

Nope, results are all that matters, being solid is just fine with the odd bit of football here and there, we scored some very good team goals last season, hard to beat every time until we build to having a bit of both

We only get a season of playing really good football once in a generation at best (outwith the 80s)

Ross just doesn't now seem the right fit for us, not good enough and not utilising what he has as good as his predecessor while not getting the players on board as they probably enjoyed working under said predecessor a lot more

Hopefully miracles happen and he can turn it around, hopefully soon or fan pressure will build like end of laszlo days very quickly

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)