+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players fitness, pass me the sick bucket

My expectations are top half minimum, play offs hopefully, auto promotion exceptional.

Some good points raised about lack of fitness, poor coaching etc, however what it also shows is how big an effect losing the majority of the backroom staff , fitness coaches, and possibly not replacing them with experienced one's ? May also be a factor ,

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    My expectations are top half minimum, play offs hopefully, auto promotion exceptional.
    Minimum top 6,

I think on this occasion that expecting a Play off place, is maybe expecting too much too soon.
    I expected the same on our previous relegations to Lg one, and remember it only worked out once, under Stendel.
    And don't we think the League has got harder since then. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Some good points raised about lack of fitness, poor coaching etc, however what it also shows is how big an effect losing the majority of the backroom staff , fitness coaches, and possibly not replacing them with experienced one's ? May also be a factor ,
    I think this was the single major factor in our demise last season. Fitness coaches, performance analysts and coaches taken by clubs who improved their season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I think this was the single major factor in our demise last season. Fitness coaches, performance analysts and coaches taken by clubs who improved their season.
    Sedgy did well at Hudds , Barnsley thru n thru that lad , sounds like he had got fed up of how things were going down here , didnt have to move house , increase in salary , no outside interference !! Just shows the unknown damage 🐴 did , well done Sedgy 👍

How many back room staff went to Forest?

I’m saying 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    How many back room staff went to Forest?

I’m saying 13th.
    not sure any went Jules , a few went to WBA tho,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    not sure any went Jules , a few went to WBA tho,
    Am not sure if were counting CEO Dane Murphy as back room staff, and, of course, his wife Melissa who left the newly created role of Oakwell Academy Chief Operations Officer, a role which now seems to have been deleted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12