+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First team coach departs

First team coach departs

First-team coach Alex Clapham has left Meadow Lane to take up a post with another club.

Alex joined us at the beginning of the 2021-22 season and departs with our best wishes.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...eparts-290622/

The set piece coach...

Didn’t seem to have any short term impact last season after he came in so can’t say I’m fussed. Maybe he’s also the height of the signings so far and thought **** that I’m out!

Too busy posting about positional video clips, gushing over guardiola and showing off his Spanish on twitter to make any lasting impact…

Very decent bloke. Was often very frustrated with some of the set piece goals we let in this season, can only assume due to players not following orders. Whichever way you look at it there was an improvement both in attack and defence. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Very decent bloke. Was often very frustrated with some of the set piece goals we let in this season, can only assume due to players not following orders. Whichever way you look at it there was an improvement both in attack and defence. Good luck to him.
    I know the stats say it was an improvement on last season, but still too many errors and a lack of threat at the other end for me. If I’m deploying that salary for a marginal gain based on last season, get a sports psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    I know the stats say it was an improvement on last season, but still too many errors and a lack of threat at the other end for me. If I’m deploying that salary for a marginal gain based on last season, get a sports psychologist.
    I think he probably did much more than that. I must admit though I got the wobbles every time we zonal defended a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Be gone with you, you witch with your accurate stats and actual facts!!!!

As long as the stats continue to improve like they did last season compared the one previous I don't care who is responsible.

My main memory of him was Roberts having a blazing row with him after the first Grimsby last minute goal back in February because he’d been left marking Luke Waterfall for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Be gone with you, you witch with your accurate stats and actual facts!!!!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-06-2022 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast