+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ihiekwe speaks

Ihiekwe speaks

Well at least he doesnt slag us off, however he does say the Pigs are a massive club, how to feed the egos of disillusional fans

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...n-base-3748896

To be fair to him he was very candid and that is all you can ask for. He's gone for the money because at 29,that becomes the most important thing. It still intrigues me though that both him and Smith have both ended up in League 1. One would have thought that for what Wednesday were prepared to pay,a raft of Championship clubs would have joined the bidding.

I’ve always stood by Icky and thank him for his services.

That’s all

An honest interview, it's all about the money, fair enough.
    Icky was a good player for us,not a brilliant one, so we move on.

Early 90s was the last time they were even a medium-sized club. That was 20 years ago.

Quite a sad situation really where you know both players in their heart of hearts would rather stay but it has come down to the money.

Whilst both players will give their all, I would be concerned if I were a Wednesday fan given that both have all but said 'I'm here for the money'. Players usually attempt to explain moves by talking about ambition, wanting to test themselves at a higher level etc but if they are reading it then it is money. That is the only real draw.

A hollow moral victory for us in knowing deep down they feel like mercenaries who don't want to be there and will no doubt be watching on with envy when we kick off with championship football and they don't.

Money, an inevitable shame. Their heart isn't in it really and that may tell. On a footballing front Icky is replaceable but for the last time from me, thanks for the good times.

He may whinge and plead but in the court of millers supporters he is as guilty as sin.

He made his bed.......now etc

Michael who! he's gone. Vaulks I'd have liked back here but money talks while they are getting payed! no guarantee on that there!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Michael who! he's gone. Vaulks I'd have liked back here but money talks while they are getting payed! no guarantee on that there!
    i must admit deep down I long to see the news item saying Sheffield Wednesday havent paid there players

Did he really have to use the "M" word?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast