+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sean's next job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We spunked around £12 million on Hendrick from Derby. Vinny has just brought in six players in one week and still has change from £12 million quid.

If Dyche had gone that way he would have had a proper squad and it was his reluctance to blood and play kids that cost us our hard earned academy status.

He paid around £12 million quid each for Brady & Vydra, God only knows what Vinny will do with another £24 million.

The dinosaur eventually became extinct, Dyche went the same way. Era over, roll on a new philosophy.
    This kind of reiterates what I was saying BT , the proof is in the pudding though , he needs to get them playing Together and get us promoted if not this season the next.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    This kind of reiterates what I was saying BT , the proof is in the pudding though , he needs to get them playing Together and get us promoted if not this season the next.
    Steady on army88, this new found congruence is rather unsettling.

Steady on army88, this new found congruence is rather unsettling.
    I wouldn't worry about it BT. Come September and things aren't going the way you pictured it you'll be raging about why SD was sacked and the far too many young players without Championship experience. That's why this forum never gets boring

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it BT. Come September and things aren't going the way you pictured it you'll be raging about why SD was sacked and the far too many young players without Championship experience. That's why this forum never gets boring
    It was time for SD to go Will. Like sinkov would say, "Ce qui sera sera".

and it was his reluctance to blood and play kids that cost us our hard earned academy status.
    Ah yes, all those kids he just wouldn't play, I've probably forgotten about a lot of them, do me a favour will you mon ami, just write me a list of all those kids he wouldn't give a chance to, who have made it elsewhere. I'll put an hour aside later to read through it, should be an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Ah yes, all those kids he just wouldn't play, I've probably forgotten about a lot of them, do me a favour will you mon ami, just write me a list of all those kids he wouldn't give a chance to, who have made it elsewhere. I'll put an hour aside later to read through it, should be an interesting read.
    I was reading the appraisal report from the dudes who look into Academy status sinkov and one of the major criterion is to gauge how many kids come through the system hit the first team. Quite frankly, SD did not trust them, hence he would not play them, hence we lost our hard earned status.

Citeh despite their hundreds of millions, occasionally chuck one or two of their kids into first team games.

Pace seems to have a hard on about the Youth Development aspect of the club, but if I was a bean counter, I'd be saying shut it down.

I was reading the appraisal report from the dudes who look into Academy status sinkov and one of the major criterion is to gauge how many kids come through the system hit the first team. Quite frankly, SD did not trust them, hence he would not play them, hence we lost our hard earned status
    Nothing to do with trusting them, he didn't play them because he didn't think they were good enough, nor did he think they would become good enough. But you think he was mistaken, he should have given them the opportunity to prove themselves. So I ask again, please provide me with the list of players Sean wouldn't trust, or didn't think were good enough, and have gone on to prove him wrong by succeeding elsewhere.

As ever mon ami, I will do all I can to help out a mate, and I will start the list for you, Tom Anderson, who is the mainstay of Doncaster Rovers rock solid defence. Carry on from there, list them all please, there will be many of course won't there, Sean was here for 10 years, the number he wouldn't give a chance to must be in the hundreds, don't hold back, I may have forgotten a few.

In your own time of course, this will be a long list and it will be a long summer, no particular hurry.
    Last edited by sinkov; 03-07-2022 at 07:48 AM.

Nothing to do with trusting them, he didn't play them because he didn't think they were good enough, nor did he think they would become good enough. But you think he was mistaken, he should have given them the opportunity to prove themselves. So I ask again, please provide me with the list of players Sean wouldn't trust, or didn't think were good enough, and have gone on to prove him wrong by succeeding elsewhere.

As ever mon ami, I will do all I can to help out a mate, and I will start the list for you, Tom Anderson, who is the mainstay of Doncaster Rovers rock solid defence. Carry on from there, list them all please, there will be many of course won't there, Sean was here for 10 years, the number he wouldn't give a chance to must be in the hundreds, don't hold back, I may have forgotten a few.

In your own time of course, this will be a long list and it will be a long summer, no particular hurry.
    You are missing the point entirely mon ami. The criteria is that some of the kids have to hit the first team to keep hold of the Academy status irrespective of whether they are deemed good enough by the first team coach.

Pep gets this, SD didn't, and that's why we lost our Academy status.

Me and thee have been having this debate for years now and quite frankly with the lack of real "talent" breaking through, I'd close the whole expensive charade down.

It looks to me to be more and more like a vanity project we neither need nor can afford. I don't think ALK share that opinion.

You are missing the point entirely mon ami. The criteria is that some of the kids have to hit the first team to keep hold of the Academy status irrespective of whether they are deemed good enough by the first team coach.

Pep gets this, SD didn't, and that's why we lost our Academy status.

Me and thee have been having this debate for years now and quite frankly with the lack of real "talent" breaking through, I'd close the whole expensive charade down.

It looks to me to be more and more like a vanity project we neither need nor can afford. I don't think ALK share that opinion.
    What is your point ? You're saying we lost Academy status because Dyche wouldn't play players who quite clearly were not good enough. Of course he wouldn't, was he supposed to risk losing games by playing players who weren't good enough, just to ensure the survival of an academy that wasn't producing good enough players anyway ? You're talking nonsense mon ami.

Anyway, where's the list ?

What is your point ? You're saying we lost Academy status because Dyche wouldn't play players who quite clearly were not good enough. Of course he wouldn't, was he supposed to risk losing games by playing players who weren't good enough, just to ensure the survival of an academy that wasn't producing good enough players anyway ? You're talking nonsense mon ami.

Anyway, where's the list ?
    He played out of form players, he played Dale Stephens and kept faith in Jeff Hendrick, surely he could have risked the likes of Glennon and Richardson for the occasional 20 minutes mon ami?

Will you at least agree the Academy is a waste of time?

We should do what Vinny has just done, and grab a couple of the "Big Sixes" cast-offs every window and save ourselves a bloody fortune.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)