+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sean's next job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All part of the work carried out by Burnley FC in the Community which is a registered charity carrying out good work for the benefit of the whole community.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    All part of the work carried out by Burnley FC in the Community which is a registered charity carrying out good work for the benefit of the whole community.
    That's a totally separate issue mein freund, the purpose of a youth policy is to get one or two into the first team and we are failing badly at that.

That's a totally separate issue mein freund, the purpose of a youth policy is to get one or two into the first team and we are failing badly at that.
    The youth teams to which you referred and asked:- What's the point..? are run by the Charity and gives an oppotunity for young people to play football.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-compet...ce/about-cefa/

Barnfield and our "Youth Policy" is costing fortunes without any financial returns on players developed and sold, mein freund.

I'm all for altruism, but let's cut the bull$hit and open a foodbank.

Will you at least agree the Academy is a waste of time?

We should do what Vinny has just done, and grab a couple of the "Big Sixes" cast-offs every window and save ourselves a bloody fortune.
    We both know it's a waste of time, I said years ago that we should stop throwing money at it and concentrate on picking up rejects like Mee, Trippier and McNell. I was posting on another forum at the time, maybe 7/8 years ago, and someone 'in the know' said it didn't cost us much to run, it was funded mainly by grants from various outside bodies. Whether that is still the case, or we cop for the full expense now, I wouldn't know.

I have to disagree.Transfer fees and salaries are going through the roof.Persist with an Academy with a really good reputation and a high profile Manager and I think in the medium/long term it will pay off.It might be a gamble but I think it is one we should continue with.I think Sean could see it was worthwhile even if he was rather reluctant to give some of them a chance in the first team,McNeil obviously the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I have to disagree.Transfer fees and salaries are going through the roof.Persist with an Academy with a really good reputation and a high profile Manager and I think in the medium/long term it will pay off.It might be a gamble but I think it is one we should continue with.I think Sean could see it was worthwhile even if he was rather reluctant to give some of them a chance in the first team,McNeil obviously the exception.
    Dyche wanted to continue playing with "seasoned professionals" like Dale Stephens and Jeff Hendrick.

I rest my case your Honour.

Dyche wanted to continue playing with "seasoned professionals" like Dale Stephens and Jeff Hendrick.

I rest my case your Honour.
    In Hendrick's case, Dyche used him as a utility player, a stand-in for injured players, he knew he wasn't turning out to be the player he was supposed to be and was quite happy to see him leave for Newcastle, where he soon faded into obscurity. As for Stephens, if you imagine he was the sort of signing Dyche was actually wanting to make, then you're even dafter than I'm convinced you are, which is unlikely.

In the meantime, perhaps you will provide us with a list of the young lads he should have been playing instead of those 'seasoned professionals'. It's taking a bit of time to appear, this list mon ami, I'm beginning to think me and Sean must have been right about them all along, not worth a run out, none of them, as proved by Benson and Mumbongo, 10 minutes each to show they were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In Hendrick's case, Dyche used him as a utility player, a stand-in for injured players, he knew he wasn't turning out to be the player he was supposed to be and was quite happy to see him leave for Newcastle, where he soon faded into obscurity. As for Stephens, if you imagine he was the sort of signing Dyche was actually wanting to make, then you're even dafter than I'm convinced you are, which is unlikely.

In the meantime, perhaps you will provide us with a list of the young lads he should have been playing instead of those 'seasoned professionals'. It's taking a bit of time to appear, this list mon ami, I'm beginning to think me and Sean must have been right about them all along, not worth a run out, none of them, as proved by Benson and Mumbongo, 10 minutes each to show they were useless.
    The "Barnfield Mantra" plastered all over the walls with Dycheisms clearly was not working. Dyche should have had the bollox to pull the programme and shut it down.

Bobby Thomas has a chance to make the first team but if he does, would the millions invested in our youth set-up be worth it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)