+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Parkgate Tonight

Good signs for Parkgate for the upcoming season? Could be back up to Maltby standards soon?

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Think that young Ayres was the only player from the youngsters that looked a half decent the rest weren't up to it all.
    Bit harsh that. Thought the youngsters did ok. Warney’s lad grew into the game and the 17 yr old will Jenkinson had a good game at left back first half.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Did not know you were a polyglot, Nardendee or are these web translations? (The German and French look pretty good. Can’t comment on the others&#128516
    Not really although my French & German aren’t bad, I am in no way fluent. I needed to brush up on my Italian, Finnish, Czech & Welsh, which I confess, apart from being able to count from 1 to 10 in Italian are pretty well none existent, so were translated on line.
    Just a little bored really so they were meant to inject humour into a very dull day, To that end I failed miserably, save for maybe informing our multitude of fans in those aforementioned countries, of the state of play in tonight’s game.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 01-07-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Did not know you were a polyglot, Nardendee or are these web translations? (The German and French look pretty good. Can’t comment on the others&#128516
    I thought he was coming down with something 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Not really although my French & German aren’t bad, I am in no way fluent. I needed to brush up on my Italian, Finnish, Czech & Welsh, which I confess, apart from being able to count from 1 to 10 in Italian are pretty well none existent, so were translated on line.
    Just a little bored really so they were meant to inject humour into a very dull day, To that end I failed miserably, save for maybe informing our multitude of fans in those aforementioned countries, of the state of play in tonight’s game.
    Because nobody picked up on it I thought it was me losing the plot 😂 , it did make me smile though.I wasn’t logged on (being lazy) so didn’t comment until now

Reading nothing in this game, about six seniors missing by looks, some through injury

I would disagree with that,young Warne looked a tidy player, as did McGuckin up front.
    Big lad up front who scored looked very raw,but took his goal well, the rest...Kiosk was quick and quite skillful, liked to get forward, Washington got his goal after getting caught offside a few times, McCartney was at fault for one goal,Jenkins who I didn't know, did ok at centre half.
    The rest of the regulars did OK, special mention to Oddofin who I thought looked very comfortable at centre half.

Should have read McCart, no ex Beatles played, and Jenkinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Should have read McCart, no ex Beatles played, and Jenkinson.
    Oh I don’t know about that …..when Parkgate made it 2-2 it was looking like a ‘hard days night’

It's just filmed by a fan who does a decent vlog but gives a sense of the goals as they were scored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKNZjM7YdaE

(Apologies if this transgresses copyright rules but it's on You Tube so presumably in the public domain.)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345