+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dion Kelly Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    Would suggest IB was more interested in what a wing back could do with rather than without the ball which doesn’t play to DKE’s strengths.

Although I’d have to say Richardson was no better on the ball, just better at getting on the ball of that makes sense.
    ‘Nope’

Always gave 100% and honest so good luck to him, but if we want promotion we need better.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Always gave 100% and honest so good luck to him, but if we want promotion we need better.
    Is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Is the correct answer.
    Assuming whoever we have to replace him is better. But we will soon know in a few weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Assuming whoever we have to replace him is better. But we will soon know in a few weeks..
    I'm gonna give him (and I need) more than a few weeks, to judge any new player.

For me it's a risk worth taking based on DKEs Notts perfomances overall. You know what you get with him both good and bad, and I, along with many others, think we need more.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm gonna give him (and I need) more than a few weeks, to judge any new player.

For me it's a risk worth taking based on DKEs Notts perfomances overall. You know what you get with him both good and bad, and I, along with many others, think we need more.
    The stats will tell us that we definitely do - he was an OK defender but it was going forward and build up play where he fell short. 3 seasons saw 1 goal and about 3 assists (?), that's a rate that will get us nowhere especially when you're playing wing-backs as your main source of attack out wide.

You know what though? Now the monkey's off his back and the worst has happened, he's lost his place at NCFC, he could now have the season of his life (confidence was a big issue I think) but I don't think it would've ever come right at Notts. We had to look for a more potent contributor from the right-hand side.

Smashing player, great attitude and solid at right back, wish him all the best. Great servant to us.
    Until they blew up after their cup run Boreham Wood had the best defence in the league so he should do well as a solid full back.

Nothing but good memories of DKE. He's a player I will always applaud if he returns to Meadow Lane whoever he plays for, because he never gave less than 100% in a Notts shirt.

My favorite memory will be the chants of "Dion, Dion knock him out" when he had one of his altercations with an opponent who was a foot taller!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123