+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooney gone!

Rooney gone!

Just when you thought things were getting better!
    Can’t like who’s taking over.
    Rumours about John Terry and Jody Morris.
    Gobsmacked!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just when you thought things were getting better!
    Can’t like who’s taking over.
    Rumours about John Terry and Jody Morris.
    Gobsmacked!
    No surprise really, once CK backed out, I think it was on the cards and clearly he doesn't have any connection with Clowes if it is him who takes over. I also think Clowes would not want to be paying Rooney's wages.

So its a clean start all round and I for one think it may not be a bad thing, lets hope the takeover gets done quickly and we can all focus on football!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    No surprise really, once CK backed out, I think it was on the cards and clearly he doesn't have any connection with Clowes if it is him who takes over. I also think Clowes would not want to be paying Rooney's wages.

So its a clean start all round and I for one think it may not be a bad thing, lets hope the takeover gets done quickly and we can all focus on football!
    Fair point Swale. I believe he’s on over £30k per week and I guess any sound business man would question that for managing a League 1 club.
    Maybe Rosenior’s about turn from the Blackpool job isn’t unrelated.

Were the betting company sponsors not paying his wages any longer?

be ironic if CK suddenly tipped up with the cash in a brown bag!

I was never entirely sure whether that deal was just for when he was a player? Hopefully we can get shot of a gambling firm as our main sponsor!

Maybe it'll be Clowes Developments?

My view is Rooney may have left because the pressure would now be on him to get us promoted ASAP where's as in the championship with a 21 point deduction he had none, maybe he doubts his ability or wanted to protect his stock that said I would have been happy if he'd stayed and gave it a go

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Maybe it'll be Clowes Developments?

My view is Rooney may have left because the pressure would now be on him to get us promoted ASAP where's as in the championship with a 21 point deduction he had none, maybe he doubts his ability or wanted to protect his stock that said I would have been happy if he'd stayed and gave it a go
    Think there might be something in that Stenson, alongside Swale’s suggestion that Rooney really wanted a Kirchner takeover, for whatever reason, and doesn’t support the Clowes news.

I’m disappointed because I thought Rooney had really bought into Derby and that he would be a bit of a ‘magnet’ in terms of attracting players to join our potential ‘resurrection’ from League One.

On the other hand, we can’t be certain how many of the good things we saw last season were down to Rosenior rather than Rooney and it still seems strange that LR seemed to walk away from what looked like a nailed on appointment as Blackpool’s manager right at the last minute.

Personally, despite all the big names allegedly in the running to take over from Rooney, I’d be happy to see Rosenior given a chance, possibly with Curtis Davies as assistant.

Of those other big names...some (eg Steve Cooper and Frank Lampard) are obviously total nonsense...but Sean Dyche might be a good fit

I'd be happy with Dyche but doubt he'd drop to L1

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I'd be happy with Dyche but doubt he'd drop to L1
    I think he might for a club with Derby’s potential.
    Either way he’d be preferable to Warnock or Pulis who I see being mentioned by some.
    Please God, no! To either of them.
    Warnock has achieved a lot at some clubs but he’s nearly 74. Too old now and too bloody irritating imo.
    Pulis achieved great things with Stoke but, as far as I can remember, no where else, and at comparable clubs (ie perennial underachievers) WBA and Sheffield Wednesday he was somewhere between poor and disastrous.

P.S. What’s ‘winviz’ saying about our chances next season, GP?
    After all...we only need a manager, a goalkeeper and half a squad (at least) before the season starts...FIVE weeks today! Still, at least we have a ground...I think.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-06-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Winviz says about 15% chance of making playoffs, 10% chance of promotion, 5% chance of relegation, 2% chance of not starting next season

Hopefully a season of stabilization, rebuilding and not being swamped by unrealistic fan expectations of an immediate return

And a new rivalry with the real Forest - the one in Nailsworth

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)