+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

We’ve still got a club and for a fan it should be all relative whatever league we’re in

League 1 or oremiership makes no difference to me really. Sheff Weds and Ipswich down here, Sunderland only just gone up after 4 seasons here but football is about enjoyment,, meeting up with mates and having a laugh. The standard should make no difference to us we pay our money to follow a club weve grown up with and fell in love with.

The premiership is vastly overrated anyway, Forest paying Lingard 100k a week shows how stupid it is up there... whos paying that ? The fans will soon find out nothings changed up there they are just another club in a over hyped over sanitised bubble

Been talking to a Sheff Weds fan and having a proper debate about football, not talking about 40m signings being the banter points...

Bring on league 1 and proper fans who follow their clubs through everythung

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We’ve still got a club and for a fan it should be all relative whatever league we’re in

League 1 or oremiership makes no difference to me really. Sheff Weds and Ipswich down here, Sunderland only just gone up after 4 seasons here but football is about enjoyment,, meeting up with mates and having a laugh. The standard should make no difference to us we pay our money to follow a club weve grown up with and fell in love with.

The premiership is vastly overrated anyway, Forest paying Lingard 100k a week shows how stupid it is up there... whos paying that ? The fans will soon find out nothings changed up there they are just another club in a over hyped over sanitised bubble

Been talking to a Sheff Weds fan and having a proper debate about football, not talking about 40m signings being the banter points...

Bring on league 1 and proper fans who follow their clubs through everythung
    It's a good job you don't run a club then isn't it?
    No ambition/ stay down/ no promotions. In fact why bother?

You sound like those wet fish parents and schools, where there are no winners/everyone gets a medal mentality.
    Where sport gets watered down to laughable things like tag rugby and shareball,
    You may as well dip yer bread and go the whole hog- Matlock/ Clay Cross/Belper all meet your requirements

Just hope our new signings cope well with our 200 acre pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It's a good job you don't run a club then isn't it?
    No ambition/ stay down/ no promotions. In fact why bother?

You sound like those wet fish parents and schools, where there are no winners/everyone gets a medal mentality.
    Where sport gets watered down to laughable things like tag rugby and shareball,
    You may as well dip yer bread and go the whole hog- Matlock/ Clay Cross/Belper all meet your requirements
    Jesus wept...one play off promotion and you become Billy Big Bollux.
    Yes...we’ve gone in the opposite direction...right to the brink, and yes many of us are at the stage of just being grateful for still having a club.
    The significant progress made under Clowes is an additional bonus.

DCFCA has been spectacularly right in relation to Kirchner and horribly wrong as regards his Clowes comments. He’s served his ‘time’ and accepted he was wrong but at least he’s a Derby fan on a Derby forum...what’s your excuse for being being here?

Your owner got ‘clearance’ to continue yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yes...we’ve gone in the opposite direction...right to the brink, and yes many of us are at the stage of just being grateful for still having a club.

DCFCA has been spectacularly right in relation to Kirchner and horribly wrong as regards his Clowes comments. He’s served his ‘time’ and accepted he was wrong but at least he’s a Derby fan on a Derby forum...what’s your excuse for being being here?

Oh get over yourself, you self righteous victim.
    He mentioned Forest.
    After 23 years of trying, we made it back and are putting some effort in. I'm sure DCFC would do the same, rather than adopt DCFCA's philosphy.
    Feeling bullied are we?

Do you need me to have a word with GP and Andy, to stop slapping you down|?
    Perhaps you need a hug or tissue.
    Maybe a game of tag rugby for you as well.

It amazes me, you wanted him shot/hung/drawn and quartered last week.
    You really are multi faced at times chap
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 22-07-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh get over yourself, you self righteous victim.
    He mentioned Forest.
    After 23 years of trying, we made it back and are putting some effort in. I'm sure DCFC would do the same, rather than adopt DCFCA's philosphy.
    Feeling bullied are we?

Do you need me to have a word with GP and Andy, to stop slapping you down|?
    Perhaps you need a hug or tissue.
    Maybe a game of tag rugby for you as well.

It amazes me, you wanted him shot/hung/drawn and quartered last week.
    You really are multi faced at times chap
    Lol, ‘self righteous victim’, ‘feeling bullied’, ‘need a hug’...blah, blah, blah...what are you on...and when have GP and Andy ‘slapped me down’? Fight your own battles Billy...don’t bring them into it.

I didn’t want him ‘shot, hung, drawn and quartered at all’ did I? I thought he was bang out of order in his comment about Clowes. I thought it was detrimental to the forum and I said so. He paid the price, comes back and makes a sensible apologetic comment and you immediately and predictably start your sh1t stirring.

So, nothing ‘multi faced’ about me, Billy and there are no circumstances where you could ever make me ‘feel bullied’...although I suppose I would feel a bit twitchy if you sent your owner round. How’s that going by the way...you didn’t answer that bit...has he passed yet? Seems to be taking a while.

There are times rA when I wish you dind't quote Thicky, as his banal comments are just to stupid!

What wet fish parents is he on about? jeez you really ought not to believe everything you read on tinternet owld boy! There is after all a place for sport as sport, you know the joy of sharing something with your mates, playing for fun etc. The reality is very few teams are actually going to win anything in a given season, even in the prem where millions are spent on overpaid players, basically there are 4 or 5 teams that might have a chance of a trophy and the rest happy to get a european place or avoid relegation.

So this talk about ambition is a bit rich, still we shall see how your lot get on, I mean fulham spent over £100 million one season and still went down. All the pundits said that Norwich were foolish to spend nothing the first season they got relegated. Last season they spent in the region of £60 million, they still went down.

Mel Morris had ambition, look where how that ended up!

Enjoy the prem but it might get a wee bit boring when your on your 10th defeat in a row!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    There are times rA when I wish you dind't quote Thicky, as his banal comments are just to stupid!

What wet fish parents is he on about? jeez you really ought not to believe everything you read on tinternet owld boy! There is after all a place for sport as sport, you know the joy of sharing something with your mates, playing for fun etc. The reality is very few teams are actually going to win anything in a given season, even in the prem where millions are spent on overpaid players, basically there are 4 or 5 teams that might have a chance of a trophy and the rest happy to get a european place or avoid relegation.

So this talk about ambition is a bit rich, still we shall see how your lot get on, I mean fulham spent over £100 million one season and still went down. All the pundits said that Norwich were foolish to spend nothing the first season they got relegated. Last season they spent in the region of £60 million, they still went down.

Mel Morris had ambition, look where how that ended up!

Enjoy the prem but it might get a wee bit boring when your on your 10th defeat in a row!!
    So you're the same then Swale?
    You don't want DCFC promoted back to the top flight again?
    You are happy in league 1?
    Is the Championship a waste of effort as well?

The pair of you sound a right pair of farts.
    In fact my original suggestion still stands. Try Matlock Town. Lovely place to visit, no pressure. Scenic and you can trat the place as lovely home for the niceness of non pressure football.
    I hope they don't show any ambition though, it will have you both in tears.

Unbelievable.

Lol, ‘self righteous victim’, ‘feeling bullied’, ‘need a hug’...blah, blah, blah...what are you on...and when have GP and Andy ‘slapped me down’? Fight your own battles Billy...don’t bring them into it.

I didn’t want him ‘shot, hung, drawn and quartered at all’ did I? I thought he was bang out of order in his comment about Clowes. I thought it was detrimental to the forum and I said so. He paid the price, comes back and makes a sensible apologetic comment and you immediately and predictably start your sh1t stirring.

So, nothing ‘multi faced’ about me, Billy and there are no circumstances where you could ever make me ‘feel bullied’...although I suppose I would feel a bit twitchy if you sent your owner round. How’s that going by the way...you didn’t answer that bit...has he passed yet? Seems to be taking a while.
    Nothing to answer and heard it all before.
    But what i said with you still stands.

Unless someone agrees with you, you go off on one, like a 5 year old having a strop.
    Those 2 do slap you down, but more out of pity and hilarity to be honest.
    You was one of the main perpetrators calling for DCFCA's head on a platter. You didn't like his comments for many reasons. Mostly because you viewed them as negative, funnily he was 80% right.
    Now his beliefs that the game is poison and league 1 makes him happy. Suits your positivity stance.
    Should DCFC get promoted and start spending again, will have you back in conflict with him.

Pathetic, is the only word I can recall.
    Won't be long before you're crying and moaning about someone/thing else very soon.

I won’t quote you Tricky out of respect for Swale’s request and because your comments are completely nonsensical.

Of course we all want our club to be successful, but at the moment we’re in a place where we’re grateful for having been saved. It’s called perspective. Someone, mac I think, made exactly that point a day or so ago...did you castigate him? No...but DCFCA makes it and suddenly you’re off on a personal rant about something that has nothing to do with you.

‘Like a five year old having a strop’. Well you’d know all about that, after apparently having no one left to ‘play with’ on your own site.

Already explained the DCFCA thing. I thought what he said two or three weeks ago about David Clowes was outrageous, libellous and unacceptable. I thought he should be suspended from the forum. He was. He’s come back...posted something perfectly responsible and you’ve immediately started to have a go. Very typical, but your problem...that’s your nature.

I haven’t suddenly suggested that everything above L1 is ‘poison’ and IF that’s what DCFCA thinks that’s his opinion. I don’t necessarily agree but I do agree that there is a lot wrong at the top level and I do understand why, when average (imo) Premier League footballers such as Lingard are earning £1m in a little over a month, ordinary fans are asking questions.

I don’t know why you think questioning the rights and wrongs of various situations, whether that be politics or football, equates to ‘crying and
    moaning’. Maybe you’ve just picked that up from GP, the man let’s not forget who wouldn’t come back until DCFCA had been banned, on one of his bad days...and although I’ll admit to having my disagreements with GP and AF you might need to look more carefully at what they often imply, between the lines, about you.

Bye...we’re getting into old habits again and frankly I’ve got better things to do than waste my time on you.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)