+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

Looking forward to a fresh start, know nothing these players and kinda like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Looking forward to a fresh start, know nothing these players and kinda like that!
    Exactly how I feel Ramshank, new owner, new manager, new league, new expectations and new (probably largely unknown) players. Altogether a feeling of a whole new beginning, let's hope it's an era that's controversy free with perhaps a ljttle (if gradual) progress and, dare I say it, success!

Thomson and Cashin re-sign. Mendez-Laing, Wildsmith and Barkhuizen all new.

Rumours of Hourihane being close to signing and Bradders returning.

What about the other out of contract players? Osazee Aghatise, Connor Dixon, Harrison Foulkes, Curtis Davies and Tom Lawrence?

Excluding Academy scholars we also have...
    Bardell
    Bielik
    Bird
    Buchanan
    Byrne
    Clarke
    Cybulski
    Duncan
    Grewal-Pollard
    Ibrahim
    Knight
    Roberts
    Sibley
    Solomon
    Stretton

Nearly forgot Fozzy. Will he re-sign?

Don't let the Forest fans see any lists MA, over on their side they're all getting their knickers twisted that we're able to sign players while still owing HMRC, you'd think after 9 months the dumb fcuks would know by now that HMRC has to be paid in full, so much misinformation over there its unreal, apparently the whole of Derby is creaming it at our 3 signings so far and how we're going to storm the league, do they just sit there and type any old ballcox that think might be true and apparently we're obsessed with them but its them that has a whole 197 page sub section dedicated to us, if ever you wanted to see libelous comments just head over to LTLF, DCFCA would blend right in as one of their own lol

And apparently we're cheats because we owe money, wasn't long ago Forest were being issued winding up orders every week including from HMRC, players picking up the christmas party tab on their own credit cards because the club card was declined, how many small businesses went bust in Notts before they got paid, did that make them cheats as well then?

And Forest breached FFP for 2 seasons running and got little more than a slap on the wrists.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

What about the other out of contract players? Osazee Aghatise, Connor Dixon, Harrison Foulkes, Curtis Davies and Tom Lawrence?

Bardell
    Bielik
    Bird
    Buchanan
    Byrne
    Clarke
    Cybulski
    Duncan
    Grewal-Pollard
    Ibrahim
    Knight
    Roberts
    Sibley
    Solomon
    Stretton

Love Curtis to re-sign...bit surprised he hasn’t already. I see him as a future coach/manager. Knows the game inside out, has the respect of everyone and even if he only manages half the 100% of minutes he played of last season he’d still be a good signing.

Fozzy likewise. Thought he was finished years ago tbh, but he’s come back well and bravely. Must have a real soft spot for Derby after so long here which he never ‘bangs on’ about. Good cover and not too ‘soft’ for L1. One last hurrah!

Tom Lawrence? Can’t see him staying. Would have thought he’d have to take a huge cut in salary and he’s too likely to see ‘red’ too often in L1. Great at his best. Liability at his worst. Be no shortage of interest from the Championship and Premier League lower orders imo.

P.S. I’ve put Forest ‘on ignore’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-07-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Bardell
    Bielik
    Bird
    Buchanan
    Byrne
    Clarke
    Cybulski
    Duncan
    Grewal-Pollard
    Ibrahim
    Knight
    Roberts
    Sibley
    Solomon
    Stretton

Hoping Fozzy and Davies resign, looks positive I think.

Zero chance I reckon of Lawrence, and to be honest I'm not bothered, he's talented but no way will he drop his salary to what we can afford to pay.

Buchannan is leaving, his agent has poo pooed the contract extension.
    The buying club will have to pay 400k compo.
    Could have had £1.6 M 6 months ago.

If he wants to go let him, also no point looking back at ifs buts and maybes, it's a new start so if we get 400k that's what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    If he wants to go let him, also no point looking back at ifs buts and maybes, it's a new start so if we get 400k that's what we get.
    My thoughts exactly. More than useful...far from irreplaceable, but I thought we’d extended his contract for a further year anyway.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)