+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post

If i was a Forest fan right now what Derby are or arent doing would barely even register.

Its like dating Margot Robbie but getting more enjoyment out the fact that your mate is going out with susan boyle.
    Genuine lol. Great analogy. Absolute ‘nutshell’ time and let’s hope a closing comment brilliantly made...now, about these ‘New Signings?’ that this thread is meant to be about...
    Any new rumours or suggestions.

I am genuinely excited about our upcoming season, more than i can remember in recent times. I can't put my hand on my heart and say i wouldn't rather be in the premier league, of course i would, provided we could at least try and compete, which we didn't even seem to try and do last time (remember signing eddie lewis and thinking oh my god).

I do think though there is a good buzz around Derby right now, the season tickets sold for a L1 club to date in such a short space of time shows that. I can honestly say despite what i have said about the PL that i am not jealous one bit of Forest, Derby is what matters, i really dont care if Forest do well or don't, its what happens at Derby that matters most.

Forest fans, not all of course but a good portion of them, do seem a bit weird in this respect, at a time they should be really getting excited about the PL there a lot still seem to be getting more pleasure from our relegation and current status, thats just weird, and like last time when we got relegated from the PL they seemed to get more enjoyment from this, and still sing about it, than they did from their promotion from L1, also weird. If i was a Forest fan right now what Derby are or arent doing would barely even register.

Its like dating Margot Robbie but getting more enjoyment out the fact that your mate is going out with susan boyle.
    Na, she left for DC United. We're on the rebound with a rather dashing young man

Not sure if we’re still in the market for a new ‘keeper but I see Jamal Blackman is available.
    Remember seeing him at Bramall Lane four or five years ago. Scott Carson had a nightmare for us and Blackman was correspondingly superb for Sheffield United in a match where the quality of goalkeeping proved to be decisive.
    Seemed to be destined for big things until suffering a bad injury playing for Leeds (I think).
    Huge man who looked like class and is still relatively young. If fully recovered might he be worth a punt?

Was losing to Villa such a bad thing? In one way, yes, it started the run of events that saw us go into admin and all the crap we've had to deal with since then.

On the other hand, had we gone up instead of Villa, what would have happened? We'd still have lost Mount, Tomori and Wilson, IMO. Jack and Waggy PL strikers? Nope. Bennett? Nope. We'd have needed to replace as many as 3/4 of the squad, maybe even more. How many of this lot would have made the PL grade?

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/...county/2019/2/

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Was losing to Villa such a bad thing? In one way, yes, it started the run of events that saw us go into admin and all the crap we've had to deal with since then.

On the other hand, had we gone up instead of Villa, what would have happened? We'd still have lost Mount, Tomori and Wilson, IMO. Jack and Waggy PL strikers? Nope. Bennett? Nope. We'd have needed to replace as many as 3/4 of the squad, maybe even more. How many of this lot would have made the PL grade?

Interesting. The three loanees and the four we’ve still got apart...is there anyone in that squad you’d still want, MA?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure if we’re still in the market for a new ‘keeper but I see Jamal Blackman is available.
    Remember seeing him at Bramall Lane four or five years ago. Scott Carson had a nightmare for us and Blackman was correspondingly superb for Sheffield United in a match where the quality of goalkeeping proved to be decisive.
    Seemed to be destined for big things until suffering a bad injury playing for Leeds (I think).
    Huge man who looked like class and is still relatively young. If fully recovered might he be worth a punt?
    Interesting, but based on the last Blackman with a Sheffield United ancestry we invested in, I'd have to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Of course it would have been better to go.up in my opinion, but I do feel as you suggest we would have needed to spend a fair bit though I don't feel we would have started with the disadvantage we had last time.

I don't actually think it was then that started the run of events though, that to me started years before with some ludicrous signings like anya, malone and so on.

In fairness the 2 signings most people do say are butterfield and Johnson but I do agree with Mel on those that what else could he do, we lost bryson and Hughes so something had to be done , its just a gamble that didn't work.

Actually did read we were competing with scumboro to sign Tommy Smith, I thought bloody hell he must be getting on now but of course it's the other one.

Of course it would have been better to go.up in my opinion, but I do feel as you suggest we would have needed to spend a fair bit though I don't feel we would have started with the disadvantage we had last time.

I don't actually think it was then that started the run of events though, that to me started years before with some ludicrous signings like anya, malone and so on.

In fairness the 2 signings most people do say are butterfield and Johnson but I do agree with Mel on those that what else could he do, we lost bryson and Hughes so something had to be done , its just a gamble that didn't work.
    It all went wrong on 24 May 2014..... ever since its been a battle against the odds leading us to where we are now. Even if we'd come straight back down we'd have had parachute money to become a yoyo club. in reality we were always on an uphill treadmill from that fatal day - despite a year when 3 premier class loan signings landed on our doormat thanks to a celebrity manager who was never going to stick around.

Actually did read we were competing with scumboro to sign Tommy Smith, I thought bloody hell he must be getting on now but of course it's the other one.
    "the" Tommy Smith has been dead for over 3 years, so I'd be surprised if we were in for him. Although he probably could still hack it in League 1

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)