+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: New Signings?

Id prefer a youngster on loan but Gregory was decent last time he was here

Problem is hes in the Collins mould and we still havent got Collins scoring yet lol

With the restrictions we are under signing a true 'goal scorer' is nigh on a impossible, end of!
    So, there has to be a compromise and a Collins type is the best option.... however, it means goals need to come from other areas and, at present, they are not. I don't see us improving the 'goals for' column from the 'strikers' so it's essential that Bird et al step up.
    For a couple of years we have a millstone around our neck and a lump of concrete clamped to our ankles but despite that we (by that I mean the owner, the club staff, the manager and his staff and not least the fans) have made unbelievable strides in the long process of rebuilding. The strength of the squad far exceeds my best hopes at this juncture but, unfortunately, the one area that will take the longest to resolve is goal scoring. Every team in the footballing world want the best striker they can get, for us at this time that's Collins or similar. Collins is working his socks off for the team and that is a bloody good compromise!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    With the restrictions we are under signing a true 'goal scorer' is nigh on a impossible, end of!
    So, there has to be a compromise and a Collins type is the best option.... however, it means goals need to come from other areas and, at present, they are not. I don't see us improving the 'goals for' column from the 'strikers' so it's essential that Bird et al step up.
    For a couple of years we have a millstone around our neck and a lump of concrete clamped to our ankles but despite that we (by that I mean the owner, the club staff, the manager and his staff and not least the fans) have made unbelievable strides in the long process of rebuilding. The strength of the squad far exceeds my best hopes at this juncture but, unfortunately, the one area that will take the longest to resolve is goal scoring. Every team in the footballing world want the best striker they can get, for us at this time that's Collins or similar. Collins is working his socks off for the team and that is a bloody good compromise!
    Agree he's working his socks off and he looks like a league 1 version of Chris Martin/Steve Howard, BUT as I've mentioned before although he is good with his back to goal he is just not winning any aerial battles (some players just aren't good in that area) and again IMO he's being made to look a bit ordinary by using him as the target in that manner. Funnily enough folk hero Colin Kazim richards was equally ineffective in this but was excused criticism because of his more general appeal. If I were in charge tonight I'd play Collins and make bleedin' sure he was fed with chances to his feet

He was poor before. I wouldn't want him back but, as ever, if he does arrive, he'll get my backing. After all, I did just that for Didzy and it appears to be working

Striker, Osula on loan from the Blades!!
    19 year old joins the mighty Rams.
    Can we have a right back please.

No more first team squad incomings according to DCFC.
    Hague and Kavanagh join the Academy.

Good news is no outs.... Maybe Knight sees himself as a right back till January,?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Good news is no outs.... Maybe Knight sees himself as a right back till January,?
    Well we have done OK with him playing there and Oduroh looks comfortable there as well.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)